Best concert you've ever been to..

NoraNeko

Drapperi Fallet
Nov 10, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
.. I guess this has been asked before but what the hell.

My best one's gotta be Cannibal Corpse +Vomitory as support last year.. damn that was crazy.

Two bands that I have enjoyed the most when seeing them live:

Megadeth / Oulu, Finland '01
This was the second time I saw Megadeth live, I couldn't believe it how great it was. The first time was not that great, so I didn't expect that much .. but boy was I wrong! Best show EVER. The band was totally into it, and so was the audience! "Wake Up Dead" and "Reckoning Day" were the highlights of the show to me.

Hypocrisy / DOA, Holland '99
This also I couldn't believe if it was real or not. I didn't think Hypocrisy's music would be so powerful live. I have never heard the audience to be so much into something, not even during Metallica. Too bad I missed the first song (Roswell 47), because I was watching The Gathering at the main stage.. but ran like hell to the second stage right after they finished.. I'm glad I did :)

my first, and ironicly (sp?) their last (in England), Smashing Pumpkins - Nov 4th 2000. 2 hours of non stop singing, wow! the atmosphere during Tonight, Tonnight and Today was great, couldnt even hear Billy sing, just the crowd. Katatonia would come a close second i think, and Stampin' Ground (best live performance ive seen, about 20 times better than a fucking awesome cd)

i think the Opeth/Katatonia/Novembre could soon be my fav gig yet though :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

No lashes now, but the best concert (the one I enjoyed the most) I've seen to date was Korn. Probably because I knew every song - I was just singing and sweating the whole night. If I was able to see Opeth/Nevermore back in May, I know that would of been my #1.

Honorable mention to:
Santana - cleanest/best sound

Originally posted by metalmancpa
No lashes now, but the best concert (the one I enjoyed the most) I've seen to date was Korn. Probably because I knew every song - I was just singing and sweating the whole night. If I was able to see Opeth/Nevermore back in May, I know that would of been my #1.

Honorable mention to:
Santana - cleanest/best sound

let me be first one to say...:eek: :OMG: :p and as for Santana, do you notice their influence in Harvest near the end of the song?
anyway, im glad your being honest though about Korn, cant say i like them but im glad anyway, no secrets on this board. :)

I've seen sooooooo many good gigs.... can't pick the best out of it!
I.E.: Braimstorm - every gig I went to
Vintersorg - every gig I went to
Lefay - every gig I went to
Bruce Dickinson solo + with Maiden- every gig I went to
Evergrey - every gig I went to
Angel Dust - every gig I went to
Iced Earth - every gig I went to
Sentenced - every gig I went to
Dark Tranquillity - every gig I went too
Megadeth - Bang Your Head 2001 - what a change, when they toured with Maiden, they were really boring!
Tad Morose - every gig I went to
Sefer Jezirah - live at their rehearsal room ;)
David Readman - every gig I went to
Zero Hour - Westfalen Festival 2001
Wolverine - Westfalen Festival 2001
and maaaaaaaany more bands...

THE HAUNTED,September 1999 in Athens
I Love the Haunted!!! i'll never forget that gig!!! i was in the front line...I had such a great time....and also got a pick from Anders Björler!! *posing*

Originally posted by _Transparent_
i think the Opeth/Katatonia/Novembre could soon be my fav gig yet though :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

ahhhhh,lucky boy!! hehe I think i have infected you with my :hotjump:mania ;)

1. Black Sabbath in Ilosaarirock, 1998.
2. Opeth in Eurorock, 2001.
3. Cradle of Filth at Tavastia, 1997.
4. Ismo Alanko Säätiö with Stefan Lindfors performing "Labra", 2000.
5. Alamaailman Vasarat at Nosturi, 2001.
6. Mayhem at Tavastia, 2001.

Originally posted by Melancholia
THE HAUNTED,September 1999 in Athens
I Love the Haunted!!! i'll never forget that gig!!! i was in the front line...I had such a great time....and also got a pick from Anders Björler!! *posing*

ahhhhh,lucky boy!! hehe I think i have infected you with my :hotjump:mania ;)

:lol: , come to think of it, i hardly used that before. now im always usuing it, one of the great wonders of the modern internet world, the hot jump. :D

My best show was probably Nevermore/Opeth/Angel Dust in Brooklyn. Runners up: both Dream Theater shows in Philly during the Metropolis 2000 tour, and Cradle of Filth w/ Nile in New York last summer.

Seeing a local band called Second Time was
really special for me, because it was the first
time I heard real-REAL metal live!
But, this summer, seeing Opeth and then
In Flames was the best concert ever.
I didn't want it to end.
For the first time in my life I heard goooood
music played right in front of me!!