The best concert you've ever been to

metalmancpa
And, the best concert I never saw (but had tickets to) : Opeth/Nevermore last May in Worcester, MA. What an awesome concert that wasn't. :cry:

I was reading your list and I was thinking, "OK, I know he's got Opeth on here somewhere. He definitely when to one of the two shows last year. Definitely." Finally, I had to read the last lines over a couple of times. That's the show I caught. You must have mentioned it back then, but... what happened?

KING DIAMOND .. damn.. when was that. I cannot find my ticket.
In Oslo over a year ago, I think.

Ok - I was in front all the time, and my ears were fucked for
over a week after that. Seriously afraid I had gotten tinnitus.
I was touched by the King (hand-by-hand.. no filthy thoughts!).
Very cool. I saw Andy LaRoque and that's the closest I ever got
to Death. (buhuuuu! Come back, Chuck! :cry: )

Originally posted by Opet
metalmancpa
And, the best concert I never saw (but had tickets to) : Opeth/Nevermore last May in Worcester, MA. What an awesome concert that wasn't. :cry:

I was reading your list and I was thinking, "OK, I know he's got Opeth on here somewhere. He definitely when to one of the two shows last year. Definitely." Finally, I had to read the last lines over a couple of times. That's the show I caught. You must have mentioned it back then, but... what happened?

That was the 1st day my daughter landed in the hospital - it was the beginning of a glorious summer (not). It was either see her in the hospital or go to the show. Well - the show lost that evening.

One of the first gigs I went to was Lowlands festival, Netherlands in August 1994, Gorefest, Biohazard and Paradise Lost played there, I went nuts there (banging my head off when I still had short hair!)!

Another great one was The Gathering on their Mandylion tour in Utrecht, Netherlands, me and my brother spontaneously decided to go there on the night of the actual gig and we had a blast, crowdsurfing and stagediving for the first time, hell yeah!

Other great ones were Slayer at Dynamo '96, Anathema at Dynamo '99, Tiamat at Dynamo '95, Machine Head at Dynamo '97, Dissection/ Satyricon/ Gorgoroth in Hilversum '96, CoF/Opeth in Hilversum '96, a more recent one was After Forever in Zeist last November...

OH YEAH, one really special one was in June last year, my bro's band Detonation (see below) played a small outdoor festival, with THE HAUNTED as headliners, in Woerden, Netherlands. The curfew was midnight and THE HAUNTED could only start playing at 23:15 hours, so they had just 3/4 of an hour to play, still it was the most explosive 3/4 of an hour I've ever had! Sparks just kept flying right from the beginning, there weren't that many people, so it was kinda intimate too, still there were enough people for a violent mosh pit right in front of the stage, everyone just went totally berserk! I didn't see much of the gig cause my head was savagely banging up and down continuously! Yeah that gig was great...

hmm. Probably Iron Maiden at the orpheum in Boston on the edhunter tour.

Emperor at the palladium in worcester and The first time in flames played at the same venue are a close 2nd and 3rd though

Opeth/Nevermore/Angel Dust/God Forbid

In Flames/Nevermore/Shadows Fall

Helmet/The Melvins

Helmet/Primus

Dark Tranquillity - Something like 6 months ago... it was brilliant. The crowd was huge and the band rocked Istanbul that night. Unforgetable.

Megadeth - Last summer... i' m so lucky that i saw them live in Istanbul before they split.

Metallica - It was pretty good to see the band that started the whole thing for me.

Also i gotta mention Slayer, Kreator, Destruction, Iron Maiden and Malmsteen... They ruled.

!!!Steve Vai!!! - I simply could not believe it. He was inhuman. Out of this planet. I listen to much more heavier things all the time but this was my best concert.

There was an unbelievable sinergy there. And my football team Galatasaray won the UEFA Cup 3 days before the gig. Steve showed up with a Galatasaray shirt and the concert hole was just blown away. Oh i got chills :) If Steve Vai would come to Istanbul 1000 times more, i' ll go to 1000 of them.

GWAR, definately GWAR! One of the 5 times I've seen them, or all of them:p
Napalm Death was a good show as well (Hollywood Jun 17 2001)...and of course Opeth (Hollywood, May 18, 2001).
But, Opeth sets a different mood, kind of mesmerizing.
For "Fun" i would say GWAR though. They put on clever, entertaining shows that you can't help but get involved in
:D