Best concert you've ever been to..

Anathema, Katatonia, Opeth at Milwalkee Metal fest 2000.
Neurosis a few years ago. (nobody ever talks about them:confused: )
Opeth in Atlanta, GA.
Roger Waters was damn cool:)
In Flames and Nevermore in Atlanta was nice
The Melvins have rocked my world a few times
I was not very familar with them but Reverened Horton Heat put on a damn good show.
OHH YEA The Dillinger Escape Plan in a house before they were singed:headbang:
Well since only ONE was asked for :p i will stop now...the last good show i went to was Bella Morte and the Crux Shadows.
jAY

Originally posted by Arcaria
peacefest 2001 (my dying bride,katatonia, beyond dawn,...)in bradford, uk
:)
mdb's performance was great and the crowd was crazy (sometimes it seemed like there where more people crowdsurfing than standing on the ground ;) )

i would have been there, if only it was in london :cry: there was a metal odessey too around that time with Lacuna Coil cant remember where that was, but that made me more gutted.

One of these:
Nevermore at Wacken 2001.
In Flames Stockholm 1999.
The Haunted Stockholm 2001.
Gamma Ray Stockholm 2001.

So many...

Opeth, once in Milwaukee, twice in Virginia

Days of the New in D.C. -- right by the stage singing every word all night.

Don't laugh, but Prodigy was fucking awesome -- being packed next to people all *undulating* together.

Amorphis about a year ago in MD -- they played mostly old stuff and were just really great guys, came out and talked to everyone afterward. But I was really disappointed at their set list on the Opeth tour.

The Gathering was also cool, cause there weren't very many people so it was quite intimate. And HTMAP had just come out but they played mostly stuff from Mandylion and Nighttime Birds which pleased me.

I'm not much into In Flames but that was a *fun* show. It was one of the guys' birthdays and they were spraying sillystring everywhere.

I've seen probably hundreds of bands (love concerts! love shows!), but those stand out.

Sentenced on the Down-tour (1996?)
Paradise Lost last spring on the Believe in Nothing -tour
Tool last summer in provinssirock
Slayer on Tattoo the Planet -tour.
And of course maybe the best: Garbage on the Version 2.0 -tour in provinssirock 1998.

Originally posted by Arcaria

wrong decision, transparent; that trip to the north would've been worth while, because you definetely missed one of the best gigs ever ! :p

but don't be too sad, i guess you'll see katatonia on tour somewhere soon, won't you ? :)

yeah, well i saw Katatonia in June at the underworld with Gandalf and Akercocke so its not too bad, and im also seeing opeth/katatonia/Novembre, so i think its not a bad result, about 40 bands at least in a year so far, and theres only a few bands i really want to see now. :D (and its not that exspensive, £10, for opeth/katatonia/novembre, and £8 for a 10 band all dayer...)

Oddly enough!

#1 Best show: Opeth at Mass. Metalfest in April 2001. :cool:

Definitely.

My favorite show was definitively SLAYER two days ago...They played pretty much all the classics I've expected. They were very precise too. It was just magical to see them live...they are still, to me, the masters of metal although opeth may become the masters if they keep going that way. So maybe when I'll see opeth for the first time, that'll be my best show...anyway Slayer kicked fucking ass

Comment on Dillinger Escape Plan -- I saw them in '98 (maybe '99) at a local show, and they and their fans were the biggest bunch of obnoxious pricks ever. They had all their Jersey buddies down here, and they were so fucking rude to EVERYONE. They shouted all through the other bands' sets. They were splashing beer everywhere. They were climbing all over the booths and tables. They had the NERVE to actually make fun of the other bands during the other bands' sets, even though their music is some shit. They were just so disrespectful. No fucking manners. No decency. AAAHHHHH, I'm getting furious just thinking about it!

There. :mad:

Originally posted by JPtheBored
My favorite show was definitively SLAYER two days ago...They played pretty much all the classics I've expected. They were very precise too. It was just magical to see them live...they are still, to me, the masters of metal although opeth may become the masters if they keep going that way. So maybe when I'll see opeth for the first time, that'll be my best show...anyway Slayer kicked fucking ass

I saw Slayer last summer at a small venue before they went on tour with Pantera. They put on an amazing show. The crowd was really into it.

Oddly enough, though, I would have to say that the best show I've ever been to is probably Tori Amos...or maybe it was TOOL 2 days after seeing her. Either way, they were both amazing concerts.

Originally posted by Lina
Comment on Dillinger Escape Plan -- I saw them in '98 (maybe '99) at a local show, and they and their fans were the biggest bunch of obnoxious pricks ever. They had all their Jersey buddies down here, and they were so fucking rude to EVERYONE. They shouted all through the other bands' sets. They were splashing beer everywhere. They were climbing all over the booths and tables. They had the NERVE to actually make fun of the other bands during the other bands' sets, even though their music is some shit. They were just so disrespectful. No fucking manners. No decency. AAAHHHHH, I'm getting furious just thinking about it!

There. :mad:

awwh :cry:
bastards... ah well

Iron Maiden - The X Factor tour, and Brave New World tour
Opeth/Nevermore - Brooklyn
Cradle of Filth/Nile - New York