The best fucking concert you've been to!!!

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
DO IT!!!

I've been to many shows, and the most intense/best has been Tool, every time (probably seen them 6 times or so). I haven't had many religious experiences, as in none, outside of a Tool show. GOD DAMN if they don't put me on a higher level. The only contender might be Morbid Angel on their last tour with David Vincent in 1996, or a Slayer or Danzig show, both of which put on one HELLUVA show in small clubs.

Fuck, I haven't been to a concert in months.

Cult of Luna @ La Locomotive - Paris .

They played 3/4 of Salvation before it was released , heavy sound , amazing atmosphere (lights were PERFECT). I only knew 'Genesis' of their set and it was transfigured.A religious performance (only Tool had a similar aura)
The singer was very nice , he was at the merch stand and you could have talked to him for hours he wouldn't be annoyed. The show was hosted by VS-Prod , (Violent Solutions being a webzine) , and you could easily get a backstage pass if you knew some guy in there :D

Those Umea guys owned me :eek:

Bands I really like don't play live or very seldom, they wouldn't work live anyway.

I've actually only been to two metal concerts all in all:
Slayer, which was an outdoors concert at Roskilde music festival in broad daylight :| It was good but would have been a lot better in the evening.

And Satyricon, which was really good even though they only played one song pre RE. It was in a crowded tent also at Roskilde. I was quite intoxicated and the concert started around half past two in the morning, it was a very nice experience.

Dev said:
A religious performance (only Tool had a similar aura)
Glad I'm not the only one. :D

spaffe, Slayer puts on an EXCELLENT show but really needs to be seen in the proper environment. Outdoors in the day, ehhhhhhh. Small show, pitch black, sweaty moshing bodies all around you, :headbang: .

Megadeth for TWNAHero tour was great , I was still fond of them at the time..

Windir/Enslaved/Finntroll/Mindgrinder, September '04. Windir's farewell gig, featuring Valfar's brother on vocals. A worthy farewell to a great band and a great man.

Cannibal Corpse/Spawn Of Possession/The Allseing I, September '04, was pretty intense too. Insanely energetic bands and a ditto crowd.

Strapping Young Lad. They are coming here in April and I already smell a winner.

Gorgasm were pretty cool when I saw them, we mostly get gurgle gurgle metal around here.

Fuck man you are lucky. I've been wanting to see that guy for ages.... and it's no suprise that'd he'd have been the heaviest concert you've seen, that guy is intense.

I would say Opeth and Porcupine Tree if the former wasn't doing their mostly Damnation set that night...right now I'd have to go with King Crimson at Town Hall the week Power To Believe was released, closest I've ever had to an out of body concert experience. They also had the best possible opening act: nobody.

Goat Horn/some shitty rock band - 80s magic brought back to life in 2004!

Katatonia/Daylight Dies - in Montreal last summer, FUCKING good show ;) It was especially awesome when they played Murder at the end of the set! I now have a well done bootleg of the show

Tool/Tomahawk - this was a few years ago, and it was pretty close to the experience NAD described. yeah.

HarmonyDies.... said:
Fuck man you are lucky. I've been wanting to see that guy for ages.... and it's no suprise that'd he'd have been the heaviest concert you've seen, that guy is intense.

Totally!

I haven't been to many concerts, but I'd have to say probably Zimmer's Hole/Devin Townsend Band/Strapping Young Lad back in October 2003. It was so awesome... like first... a comedy, second... an emotional funny happy devy, third... "OMGWTF YOU FUCKS!!!!"

comedy, bliss and outright rage all packed into about 6 hours.... and I had a front row seat to it all.

I seen so many great shows in the days. Most of them are a blur though ...

Some that I remember.

Slayer and Danzig at the Felt Forum in NYC around 86-87. COmplete with riot and broken shop windows. The Felt Forum was a small arena annexed behind Madison Square Garden and had seating. Needless to say the South of Heaven tour was the first Slayer tour where they started playing this slightly bigger places. Us Slayer fans were not a happy bunch, so everyone literally cut up the seats and threw all the cushions on stage. The band was literally up to their knees in them by the second song. We got some warning, but the Security knew that if they stop the show it would have been worse.

DEATH/PESTILENCE in Staten Island somewhere. Great show .. not many people there as it was in a out of the way place.

I think it was OBITUARY/SEPULTURA in a place in LI. That show was brutal ... I mean just think of those two bands in their prime ... playing the same night in some small sweaty joint.

Most of my favorite bands are either broken up, don't play live, or never visit Houston (or Texas for that matter).

From the few gigs I've been to, I'd say Helmet/Melvins.

Demilich said:
Goat Horn/some shitty rock band - 80s magic brought back to life in 2004!

OMFGGGGG HOW COULD I FORGET the Joe Thrasher(local band)/Rammer (\m/m/m/m\m/)/ and Goat Horn show. FUCKING AWESOME! I mean a keg on fire, how cool is that. probably my favourite show to date.

Oh and David Bowie and Weird Al were good.

Bay Area Thrash Festival 2003. Halford, Testament, Death Angel, Vio-Lence, Exhumed, Cattle Decapitation, Impaled, and Social Evil.

Social Evil - teh suxxx in a big way. Pantera with keyboards.
Impaled - fucking hilarious and good music to boot. Entertaining as hell.
Cattle Decapitation - crappy goregrind.
Exhumed - decent goregrind. Great pits.
Vio-Lence - FUCK YEAH VIO-LENCE! A little sloppy, but the energy of the crowd made up for that. Utterly awesome.
Death Angel - Stole the fucking show. Technical difficulties (the backup vocal mix blew out) only made their performance better, and the mosh pits were utterly INSANE.
Testament - fucking Testament. No matter how inconsistent their studio shit it, live they are GODS. Short but excellent set.
Halford - The Metal Fucking God. Case closed.