Best Anthrax concert you've ever been to

SOWN tour John Bush's first visit to Glasgow Barrowlands as the Anthrax vocalist. This is a journey into sound!
.....................................................................................................................................................................Potters Field! Nuff said.

strik9 said:
It musta've been AWESOME to have seen Anthrax on any of the earlier tours! :headbang: I'm only 24, so I didn't see Anthrax till '91, as a 10th birthday present. Too bad some idiot caused the show you were at to end early!

It was wild show 1986 my Man.

At the Olympic Auditorium - famous for Boxing, Wrestling and Punk Gigs.

Anthrax
DRI
COC - they sounded more like DRI in those days
Possessed - singer was a growler
No Mercy - Mike Muir Side Project

I think I saw them 3 times, well 2 1/2 time on the ATL tour. But I think I'm forgetting one. I think there were 3 phases to the tour and I'm missing a show from Phase II.
About a year before this gig I saw Armored Saint and Mettalica play together.

DarbysDad said:
It was wild show 1986 my Man.

At the Olympic Auditorium - famous for Boxing, Wrestling and Punk Gigs.

Anthrax
DRI
COC - they sounded more like DRI in those days
Possessed - singer was a growler
No Mercy - Mike Muir Side Project

I think I saw them 3 times, well 2 1/2 time on the ATL tour. But I think I'm forgetting one. I think there were 3 phases to the tour and I'm missing a show from Phase II.
About a year before this gig I saw Armored Saint and Mettalica play together.

That's awesome! :headbang: Do you remember if Larry LeLonde was still in Possessed in '86? He was in Primus when they played on that Anthrax/PE tour. I'm pretty sure the fuckin' guy denies that he was ever in Possessed! I'd be fucking PROUD if I was in that band! :headbang:

I don't remember about Larry - If I find an old compilation that I have that they're on I'll check it. I think it was Metal Massacre 5.

DarbysDad said:
I don't remember about Larry - If I find an old compilation that I have that they're on I'll check it. I think it was Metal Massacre 5.

Cool. Actually don't worry about it. I went to metal-archives.com and in past band members for Possessed, it said he was in the band till '88. Thanks for trying to find out though! :kickass:

Seen 'em four times, all since WCFYA came out. Three at Harpos and one at Machine Shop. Machine Shop rules supreme, great venue, good opening acts. I had tickets for the Priest tour was sick and couldnt make it.

Oh, and as long as we are all friends....after they opened for Dio, we split. Had to find a B and a B. :Spin:

strik9 said:
: Do you remember if Larry LeLonde I'm pretty sure the fuckin' guy denies that he was ever in Possessed! I'd be fucking PROUD if I was in that band! :headbang:

Im a huge primus fan, got all the albums and dvd's etc. On the multimedia section of rhinoplasty there is a section when they pull out an old photo of ler back in the possesed days, complete with the full leathers, upsidedown cross necklace etc. :lol:

1994: Raging Bull Tour Newport Music Hall w/ Fight. Sold out, loud, great set list, John Bush w/ long hair and a beard, looked like Jesus in a Reggie Lewis jersey

1995: The Agora Theatre: Cleveland, OH w/ LOA and Deftones Stomp 442. Crowd of like 2 people, but GREAT show by all bands

1996: World Series of Metal Cleveland Agora w/ Misfits, LOA, and Cannibal Corpse.
You just had to be there. It was insane on many levels.

1998: W/ Pantera at the Akron Rhodes Arena. Anthrax in an arena w/ Bush and Pantera, 'nuff said.

1998: Annies Cincy, night of off the PanThrax tour, they were pumped to headline and it ROCKED

1998: Cleveland, Odeon. Slim crowd, but an awesome Vol. 8 set.

1998, Nov. The Flying Machine, Lorain OH. Anthrax in a barn. It ruled

2000, Cleveland Odeon. This time Packed and killer.

2003. Cleveland Agora. WCFYA, killer

2003 Cleveland Odeon. see above.

and all the other shows.

reidie said:
Im a huge primus fan, got all the albums and dvd's etc. On the multimedia section of rhinoplasty there is a section when they pull out an old photo of ler back in the possesed days, complete with the full leathers, upsidedown cross necklace etc. :lol:

:headbang: Imo they were a good band. Pretty important in the history of black and death metal.

Anti Flag live at warped tour, during "9/11 For Peace"

song is so awesome, first time in a pit, i recognized the song instantly. check the song out, its kool, great lyrcis that ring true.

Supporting Iron Maiden at Whitley bay ice rink in Newcastle-upon tyne UK just before christmas in 1990, they were my 2 favourite bands at the time and didn't let me down. I remember it being the first time that i'd seen Scott with his skinhead. :Spin:

hmm very tough after seeing the classic line up last night,i might have to actually have to call it even on the scoreboard,stomp tour and last nights show were very similar in the energy factor,the feedback off the crowd was electric.

The best Anthrax show I EVER seen was at L'mours in Brooklyn. They played under the name "Satans Lounge Band". At that time they werte bigger than ever.Also the Megeforce Records Fifth year anniverary show at the (old) Ritz in NYC. That show was maybe the greatest show ever at the ritz, Anthrax,Overkill,Testament Just to name a few who played that night. Every band on Megaforce except Metallica.What a night. Can't wait for June 3rd it's like Christmas in June. The best Christmas EVER. See you all at the show.