Worst Gig You've Ever Been To?

gazmetal

Thraxian
Apr 12, 2002
Newton Le Willows
www.angelfire.com
Not counting local bands, what's the worst gig you've been to?

The worst gig I went to, allthough I still had a good time and I love the band was Vader a couple of months ago on the Shock And Awe tour in Bradford.
Hardly any people in the crowd and I could hardly hear Peters voice. I didnt think much of the support bands either apart from Deranged.
That's the worst gig I've been to but it was still good.

I've told the story of my worst gig too many times so I'll share a different one. In high school, I went to go see my friend's band play in Queens, which was not an easy task, having to go to Brooklyn first and getting all this accomplished without my mom finding out. So anyway, we get there beyond early, so I have to sit through every band because he happened to be headlining. This one band like the second or third in (like 8 bands played that night) was so terrible that everyone in the club walked out and waited outside for them to be done. I can't even describe how bad it was. I've sat through some shitty bands, but I've never felt compelled to leave. They just totally sucked in every way. I'm hoping they gave up on music altogether after that night.

I was thrown out of a TON show Easter Sunday 1995. It was BS........ I've already told this story and I don't care to relive it. Even though I've seen TON a zillion times before and since, that would have been my only headlining show on the Bloody Kisses tour, and there was only about 100 people there, so it just would have been magical......... :(

GregadetH said:
Bon Jovi w/ Dokken.

YES it did get me laid that night.
NO I did not have "Fun" at the show.

HAHAHA. Back in the day, I was dating this hot little half Black, half Jewish girl (who incidentally looked a lot like Lisa Bonet) and I took her to see Public Enemy/Busta Rhymes, and Wyclef to get laid. So I had fun at the show, and got tail. I got to have my cake
and eat it too. :loco:

Ratdog was the worst concert of my life. My landlord's son wanted to go to a show, but was only 15 and did not have a license. He paid for my ticket to take him. I thought I was going to barf. After the show he actually wanted to hang out the venue and wait for the band. That didn't happen.

Well, I can't remember the worst gig, but EYEHATEGOD is definitely the worst band I've ever seen in my life!

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Adelaide 1992.

Great band - very very off night for them though.

pantera on the trendkill tour,setlist atmosphere was electric but the sound was atrocious,considering they have a reputation for being explosive live it was a big letdown,thank god the sound was amazing on reinvent the steel tour!

Easy. Tool actually came to Huntington, West Virginia. I was pumped up. Got to the show and Maynard stood on a little platform near the drums with his back to us the WHOLE FREAKING TIME. For the money I paid it was not worth it at all. And it's a good thing they have good songs and play well since their stage presence is as hard as St. Anger, or a can of Spam.

If I'm going to pay that much for a ticket which I think was around $30-40 bucks I better be entertained.

It'd be an incredible thing if Anthrax played in West Virginia. Some people have trouble believe we're our own state.

TD said:
I was thrown out of a TON show Easter Sunday 1995. It was BS........ I've already told this story and I don't care to relive it. Even though I've seen TON a zillion times before and since, that would have been my only headlining show on the Bloody Kisses tour, and there was only about 100 people there, so it just would have been magical......... :(
POTHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG!! Soooooooooo easy. Bryan Adams w/ The Outfield. Outfield blew big time and the Adams set mics were way to effing hot and the whole thing was distorted to the point of being unlistenable. That was the SECOND time I took her to see him...."did it all for the nooky" :p

King of the Hill People said:
Easy. Tool actually came to Huntington, West Virginia. I was pumped up. Got to the show and Maynard stood on a little platform near the drums with his back to us the WHOLE FREAKING TIME. For the money I paid it was not worth it at all. And it's a good thing they have good songs and play well since their stage presence is as hard as St. Anger, or a can of Spam.

If I'm going to pay that much for a ticket which I think was around $30-40 bucks I better be entertained.

It'd be an incredible thing if Anthrax played in West Virginia. Some people have trouble believe we're our own state.
It's a beautiful state too, King. Do all my rafting with Ace Whitewater. The Dam Release rules all!!!!!!!!! :yow:

King of the Hill People said:

Huntington is cool little city - I'd love to see Anthrax play that club that used to be called the "Drop Shop." I've seen 3 or 4 shows in Huntington and Charleston. I'm not far from there at all. I'm doing my grad work at Rio Grande, so I'm right by the silver bridge (think Mothman Prophecies) every day. The only time I recall Anthrax being in WV was on the Pantera tour in Wheeling (another cool town).

P.S. I thought the same thing when I saw TOOL. Maynard didn't move at all, but the tunes were grand, the beer was cold, the peanuts were hot, and the date I had loved TOOL, and she liked my tool too
:tickled: