Best Gig You've Ever Been To?

mrthrax said:
fuck mentioning john cougar brings back great memories,it was probably my first concert,paper and fire...
--------
In one of those cougar shows I remember dancing with 30 something married women. I think I was 20 at the time. Fun stuff. I also remember trying to see if me and my brother could make Metal arrangements to his songs.

Reactions: GASOLINEDREAM
TD said:
Too friggin many to tell.
Anthrax World Series of Metal '96 w/ Misfits, LOA, and CC
Slayer/Biohazard/Machine Head Hara Arena 1995
Megadeth/Pantera/White Zombie Hara 1993
Pantera/Sepultura/Biohazard Hara 1994
Anthrax/Fight Newport 1994
KISS Cleveland 1992 (they recorded Alive III)
KISS Unplugged Las Vegas and Cleveland 1995 (unreal)
KISS Nutter Center 1996
Ozzfest 1997
these are the ones that stand out over time....
I saw Anthrax and Fight on that tour as well at the Hollywood Palladium.

other fun ones at Fenders in Long Beach Exodus and the Dayglo abortions and the English Dogs and D.I.

MichiMikey said:
How was candlebox? I kinda like the live version played on radio, especially the Hendrix riff, but I have a feeling it was tweaked in the studio(shades of Alive I) :erk:

I didn't care for Candle Box. Especially since they came on after S.T.!

Seriously, all I remember about Candle Box was me being pissed and wishing they weren't even there.....

Hemi said:
Dream Theater - State Theater 2002
Dream Theater, Joe Satriani, King's X - DTE 2002
Dream Theater, Queensryche, Fates Warning - Annie's 2003
Dream Theater, Dixie Dregs - Bogarts 2000
Dream Theater, Spock's Beard - Bogarts 2000
You coming up for the show at Harpos?

No Mercy Festival this year. It featured some of my all time fav bands: TESTAMENT (amazing band and even more amazing live), DEATH ANGEL (great performance after a 12-year hiatus), NUCLEAR ASSAULT and PRO-PAIN + two others that I also enjoy: MALEVOLENT CREATION and DARKANE and one that I trully hate: fuckin MARDUK. If only Anthrax had been there...I wish I had seen Thrash Of The Titans- that was an ultimate metal show, anyone here was there?

I have 3 favorite:

Metallica, 1991, Nassau Colesium: My first show ever, 3+ hours of Metallica. We had a view from the side of the stage almost level with the stage. It was AWESOME.

Dream Theater, 2000, Roseland: This was the Metropolis 2 tour. Amazing show. They are a band that play EXACTLY the way it's played on the record. On top of that, we bumped into a friend of mine who was getting keyboard lessons from Jordan Rudess and he had VIP passes, so we sat on the elevated side stage at Roseland in Mike Portnoy's family's seats! His wife and kids came up later and gave us a really dirty stare like "Who the fuck are you guys and why are you in my seats?" We moved, and then after we got to talk with Jordan, John and Mike and got to take pictures with them.

System of a Down, 2000, Irving Plaza: This was before they somehow became big. Right after the first album, SUCH an energetic and talented band. And after the spectacular show we hungout with them for about a half hour. Serj, Shavo and John just chilled with us talking about music, New York and politics. Daron was "busy" on the bus.

ThraxDude said:
I didn't care for Candle Box. Especially since they came on after S.T.!

Seriously, all I remember about Candle Box was me being pissed and wishing they weren't even there.....

I never liked Candlebox either. How did they get on that bill. Thats an outrage. :yell: :ill: :yell: :ill:

Armored Saint on the Symbol of Salvation tour at the Empire(defunct) in Cleveland has to be my favorite, but there are many others that are very close like any Thrax show, any Slayer show, some Pantera shows, any Overkill show, and any Pro-Pain show.

All right, some more DT fans. No I wont be going to see them at Harpos. I live in Dayton and the only reason I went to see them in Detroit was because that was the closest they came to me.

Friend of mine begged me to drive to a Poison concert in 88 or 89. He bought tickets
Can't stand Poison, but there was TONS of pussy there. It was a very good show, just for the ambience.

Ok Don't laugh at me but I saw ZZ Top in '94 and, being my first concert og any kind I was in Awe. They put a hell of a good show on. But since then, I would have to say Black Sabbath/Pantera/Incubus in '98, I think this was the ozzy reuinion, Anthrax/Motorhead in '03, Slipknot/System/Rammstein/American Head Charge in '01,These shows stand out.

Shit, been to alot of good shows. Pantera opening up for Exodus/ST was one that comes to mind. Ted Nugent on the Craveman tour. New Titans on the Block with Sepultura/Sick of it All/Napalm Death/Sacred Reich was another. Of course, Slayer always comes to mind. Testament/The Haunted on The Gathering tour is another. Testament/Megadeth/Judas Priest on the Painkiller is another. Too fucking many to mention......