You've got to be fucking kidding me 2 ...

chances are if a country is in south america it has been royally screwed by the US government. unless (maybe) it has the words british or french in its name

lizard said:
unhinged said:
who says I'm talking about iraq?

the IRA were heavily funded by 'donations' to the cause by americans

QFT being from boston, I. Do know this

well that of course wasn't government but it sums up the american mentality
thowing dollars into buckets in 'irish' pubs
thinking its going to buy potatoes for the brave irish freedom fighters
meanwhile my city gets blown to fuck and 'ligitimate' tragets include taxi drivers from the wrong areas, builders and anyone standing in a street when a car explodes

by the way, I hate all the paramilitary organisations in this country...on both sides

unhinged said:
lizard said:
well that of course wasn't government but it sums up the american mentality
thowing dollars into buckets in 'irish' pubs
thinking its going to buy potatoes for the brave irish freedom fighters
meanwhile my city gets blown to fuck and 'ligitimate' tragets include taxi drivers from the wrong areas, builders and anyone standing in a street when a car explodes

by the way, I hate all the paramilitary organisations in this country...on both sides

Very true what your saying.

But also in Boston there where plenty of people putting money into those buckets, and into many other "buckets" to fund the IRA, that fully understood what they where doing. Boston, and the families within, still have strong ties to Ireland, both north and south, and with that some ties to the paramilitary activities. Pretty Bananas when you think about it.

Mormagil said:
haha, exactly. these days the word is used mostly as a way of triggering doublethink than anything else, on both sides.

@erik: earth liberation front, they break into laboratories and free all the animal test subjects and whatnot. for them to be legitimate terrorists at least in my eyes they'd probably have to kidnap pharmaceutical company executives' children and slit their throats

The definition of terrorism and enemy combatant, as restructured by the Patriot Act, is deliberately vague enough to refer to any anti-government and/or violent criminal activity...in the strictest sense of the word, I don't consider the war in Iraq to be terrorism (under the DOD definition it would fit), but I do consider preemptive war to be unjust and illegal.

KILL TULLY said:
unhinged said:
Very true what your saying.

But also in Boston there where plenty of people putting money into those buckets, and into many other "buckets" to fund the IRA, that fully understood what they where doing. Boston, and the families within, still have strong ties to Ireland, both north and south, and with that some ties to the paramilitary activities. Pretty Bananas when you think about it.

well of course they do
but you get the average joe going to an irish pub and doing the same without thinking
the same sort of twat that follows his governments every word without question when its time to wreck again in the name of corporate democracy

unhinged said:
KILL TULLY said:
well of course they do
but you get the average joe going to an irish pub and doing the same without thinking
the same sort of twat that follows his governments every word without question when its time to wreck again in the name of corporate democracy

Oh yea for sure. Just wanted to bring up how close Boston and especially Dublin can be at times. Lots of people in Dublin when i went there would always say how simular Boston was to Dublin, and we met a few musicians who had played in Irish pubs around where I live.

Dunno if thats the general attitude towards Boston over there, is it a pretty known thing over there that Boston is pretty Irish? Must get well anoying when Americans always claim Irish heritage and all that though, haha.

lizard said:
The irish americans have so romanticized eire that many of them equate support for the IRA with a misguided patriotism

QFT there my friend. Its rediculous the lengths peopel go to show everyone how Irish they are here.

I think one of the main reasons that the ELF is considered a domestic terrorism group is becuase they have been linked to more hostile criminal activity than simply freeing animals. For example they have been linked to arsons of SUV dealerships, housing communities, etc. Alot of the core older members are serving hard time.

quick! some comedy to lighten up this thread!

believe10ie.gif