The BEST headphones?

Wish i had bought the ATH-M50S headphones, i bought the Beyerdynamic 770's and the volume on them doesn't get loud enough, to bloody quiet, and not liking what it's been doing to vocals

Doesn't get loud enough? If you're listening on an iPod or a phone perhaps. They are meant to be listened through a power amp, they are professional headphones after all.

FWIW, I absolutely hate the M50s. Much exaggerated bass, zero mids and nasty high-end.. the perfect HiFi headphones :/ I can't understand how anyone would like them, let alone so many people on here (you can even look at the frequency response and see they're not accurate).
The AKG K271 come closest to the sound of my Adam S3As in my room, the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro is also very cool.

thanks dood! Im 6'5 and 220lbs so i shouldn't get in too much trouble. Ive been to Philly a few times before and I have only had trouble with the bums :lol:

Once Im more situated we should meet up and go get food or something :kickass:

Edit: yes, it can be a date :) haha

While you're at it, you should hit up Eulogy on 2nd & Chestnut. Food is ok but the beer selection is outstanding!

thanks dood! Im 6'5 and 220lbs so i shouldn't get in too much trouble. Ive been to Philly a few times before and I have only had trouble with the bums :lol:

Once Im more situated we should meet up and go get food or something :kickass:

Sure man, sounds good. I don't venture into center city too much but once in a while another buddy of mine who lives off like 3rd & south has a roof party and he always wants more people showing up! Beer & metal

Edit: yes, it can be a date :) haha

Well, if you're 6'5" and 220 ... guess that'll make me the woman

I hear that the new line that Krk put out is pretty decent, if not more.

I bought a pair of KRK KNS8400 online a while ago without having the time to actually go somewhere to try them out, so I just went with the reviews on the internet and I'm definitely very satisfied with them.

I find them comfortable to wear and also accurate and neutral sounding which is what you want for mixing with them (which I do since it's hard to mix with my monitors where I'm living at the moment).

So these or the already mentioned Audio Technica ATH-M50 are probably the best in that price range.

Beyerdynamic DT 770, give these a try. Either the 80 ohm or the 600 ohm ones (I own both). I have a pair of MM27's in an acoustically treated room (a damn good one) and honestly, it surprises me how the 770's hold up so well. In fact, most of the time I end up checking with the cans for overall balance.

so i talked to some guy who wants to do a trade. He is big on headphones but wants to get monitors, and i need to get rid of my monitors and get headphones. Here is what he offered

"My headphone collection is (From expensive to less expensive)

Stax SR-A with SRD7 power adaptor
DT880 (modded with a mic so you could do xbox live, psn, bla bla bla)
New Triple fi 10's (in ears)
AKG K301
Creative Aurvana X-FI
Audio Technica ATH-PRO5MS

I'd think DT880's are the best for you, stax is a little much. They're modded my some guy named Ryan Thompson, he's big in MLG (Major league gaming, lol) and the mod is very clean... also comes with the box. They've also been recabled with a techflex heavy gauge cable....I'm not particularly cool with letting them go, but eh."

So DT880's a solid trade? Also, am i gonna need a headphone amp? If not they will be running direct into my profire 610

Gotta bump this thread: I can either get the Beyerdynamic 770 Pro (250Ohm) or the ATH M-50... Any suggestions?