The best of 2003

Allan said:
Hey, then you guys know the Love Shop cover, that's a great song, you should get into that, proper Danish music, BE managed to not totally ruin it.
Never heard of it, and can't find much of it on the internet. Any chance of giving a bit more information Allan?

@Cedar; This Dead Soul Tribe is something like in between Tool & Evergrey. Get the songs "feed part1: stone by stone" "regret" "the messenger" "black smoke and mirrors". You'll notice it's not Eeeeaaavyyyy Meeeettlll at all :Spin:

@blue taste: yes they rule! Also While Heaven Wept, its just great! I wanna go to the Doom Shall Rise Festival this year, but its not sure yet.

@arnaud: its not heavy heavyyy, its kind of progressive metal but not that weird, and its very emotional, some dark, has a lot of quite and deep moments, u should deffo give a try to it!!! :)

Blue Taste said:
Never heard of it, and can't find much of it on the internet. Any chance of giving a bit more information Allan?

They sing in Danish, they considered English but decided against it for artistic integrity :cool: reasons, but they had already written some choruses in English, the failed to come up with Danish lyrics they liked for them, so some songs ended up with half Danish, half English lyrics, hehe. Therefore, there probably ain't much of a push for them internationally, maybe Amazon, I saw they had some strange Danish artists, like Johnny Madsen, whoose more famous for being way drunk on stage than for his music :Spin: .

Oh, and for music description, I'm not sure, nowhere near metal, lets throw the Radiohead tag at them, but they're quite unnormal, one guy in the band only plays mouth organ and violin and stuff. There's a kind of arty farty-ness about them, the lead singer is always on about the horrid state of Danish music, which of course he's right about, but he has this snobby way about him, and the others are always on about the greatness of his lyrics, even claiming they overshadow the music :Spin: , they're good but hey!
He likes Mew though. In Denmark, there the band that's always praised by critics but never quite makes it commercially. Their fan base is annoying too, they were puzzled when they found out a metal band was covering "En Nat Bliver Det Sommer" (I'm not sure but I think someone from BE is a nephew of someone in LS.
Most LS fans are convinced Love Shop is the greatest thing ever in music, which is sort of ridiculous, they even said they were better than TV2, that's when I totally lost respect for them, wankers. But the music is very good.

Blue Taste said:
@Cedar; This Dead Soul Tribe is something like in between Tool & Evergrey. Get the songs "feed part1: stone by stone" "regret" "the messenger" "black smoke and mirrors". You'll notice it's not Eeeeaaavyyyy Meeeettlll at all :Spin:

Cheers ! i'll give it a try, and thanks Caro too !

cedarbreed said:
Cheers ! i'll give it a try, and thanks Caro too !

I bought the album when it was released months ago, just for the Travis Smith artwork.
I just started to listen to it this week thanls to this thread:loco:

And well it's real good, voice is nice, songs are efficient, guitar playing is real good too. Definitely a nice album. And not only a artwork...:dopey:

Allan said:
Oh, and for music description, I'm not sure, nowhere near metal, lets throw the Radiohead tag at them, but they're quite unnormal, one guy in the band only plays mouth organ and violin and stuff. There's a kind of arty farty-ness about them, the lead singer is always on about the horrid state of Danish music, which of course he's right about, but he has this snobby way about him, and the others are always on about the greatness of his lyrics, even claiming they overshadow the music :Spin: , they're good but hey!
He likes Mew though. In Denmark, there the band that's always praised by critics but never quite makes it commercially. Their fan base is annoying too, they were puzzled when they found out a metal band was covering "En Nat Bliver Det Sommer" (I'm not sure but I think someone from BE is a nephew of someone in LS.
Most LS fans are convinced Love Shop is the greatest thing ever in music, which is sort of ridiculous, they even said they were better than TV2, that's when I totally lost respect for them, wankers. But the music is very good.
Hey, that's nice information. Don't like the band very much from what i've heard on their site, but it was an interesting read! :cool:

A bit late sorry hehe :)

01. Anathema "A Natural Disaster" °
02. Katatonia "Viva Emptiness"
03. The Gathering "Souvenirs"
04. Antimatter "Lights Out"
05. Iron Maiden "Dance of Death"
06. Opeth "Damnation" °
07. Moonspell - "The Antidote" °
08. In The Woods.. "Live at the Caledonian Hall" °
09. Old Man's Child "In Defiance of Existence" °
10. Dimmu Borgir "Death Cult Armaggedon" °
° on Mp3

Disappointments:
The Kovenant "Seti" °, Evereve "" °, Metallica "St. Anger" °(not too bad, but thought it was better),

Havent heard the complete album of this other favorite bands:

Ulver "A fix to Melancholy"
Kreator - "Live Trauma"
Entombed - "Inferno"
Cradle of Filth - "Damnation and a Day"
Amorphis - "Far from the Sun"
Green Carnation - "A Blessing In Disguise"
Type O Negative - "Life is Killing Me"
Blazing Eternity - "A World to Drown In"
Tiamat - "Prey"

IN NO ORDER:

1-OPETH "Damnation"