The best of 2003

the_good_son141 said:
ah, ok im teasing that you knew about the marital status of the guy,nothing more behind:wave:

well I dont know any details, and even if I knew I wouldnt tell this in the forum, cause its private ;) I dont like gossip, it was just the easiest way to tell why he is here now ;) anyway, doesnt matter, the music is great and thats what counts! btw I saw they also played in Greece, did u see it?

DragonLady1 said:
well I dont know any details, and even if I knew I wouldnt tell this in the forum, cause its private ;) I dont like gossip, it was just the easiest way to tell why he is here now ;) anyway, doesnt matter, the music is great and thats what counts! btw I saw they also played in Greece, did u see it?
sure gossip is the plague of our times.a woman is always a good reason,now that i think clear i have this vision murder was recorded in austria,i better check the booklet though.i did see them and it was boss,i travelled 300km cos they didnt play in thessaloniki but in larisa:ill: nevertheless it was worth,esp when they played into the spiral cathedral,i really love this song and they did it last as i wished they should do in their guestbook(now thats magic!):D

Achernar said:
The only stuff from Austria we get down here is Rex. :p Well, I guess we had some bands...just can't remember any at the moment... :ill:

Pungent Stench, Summoning, Abigor, Hollenthon just to mention the top ones ;)

well if u like gothic metal u can check out Darkwell... hm... and also some members of Graveworm live in Austria... :headbang:

the_good_son141 said:
(totaly irrelevant)hey achernar my friend,im going to coimbra in a couple of weeks.is it any good?
Really mate? that's quite near from me town like. :) It's a nice town, yeah, mostly young people since the major portuguese university is there. It's also nice at night I guess and there used to be a couple of metal/alternative bars there. so are you coming to meet a friend or something? sorry if I'm not suppose to ask this... :ill: I know some people are tired of me posting portugal pix around here but here goes a Coimbra pic (the university tower is at the top):

f348022.jpg

It's river (Mondego):
f021054.jpg

And one of the nice spots in "Quinta das Lágrimas" (medieval place, really nice):
f047021.jpg

Also be sure to go to Buçaco. It's near and it's wonderful. Also, the Roman City of "Conimbriga" is quite near. You'll like it mate. Cheers.

DragonLady1 said:
Pungent Stench, Summoning, Abigor, Hollenthon just to mention the top ones ;)

well if u like gothic metal u can check out Darkwell... hm... and also some members of Graveworm live in Austria... :headbang:
Hey, I know many bands from Austria, they just don't play down here, that's what I meant. It was my fault anyway, I should have said it in another way. :ill: My fave Österreicher band will always be Summoning. Also, Iced Ages, Kreuzweg OST, Hollenthon and some more are just great. :kickass: Jeder beugten unten nach Österreich! :kickass:

DragonLady1 said:
I prefered Darkness And Hope... there are some good moments on The Antidote but it didnt catch me, dunno why... :erk: anyway, it was better live!!! So how were they in Turkey btw?

EXCELLENT. i was fascinated.

the playlist :D :

in and above man
lowering skies
alma mater
vampiria
the southern deathstyle
everything invaded
opium
devilred
capricorn at her feet
abysmo
ruin and misery
fullmoon madness

awake
wolfshade
antidote

a walk on the darkside
mephisto

hell they even played devilred. i love that one.

Achernar said:
Really mate? that's quite near from me town like. :) It's a nice town, yeah, mostly young people since the major portuguese university is there. It's also nice at night I guess and there used to be a couple of metal/alternative bars there. so are you coming to meet a friend or something? sorry if I'm not suppose to ask this... :ill:
cheers,looks nice alright. its one of those euro trasfer programmes if you know,a trip with mates and matesses too,nice stuff :)

Here's my list:

1. Anathema - A Natural Disaster
2. Radiohead - Hail to the Thief
3. Old Dead Tree - The Nameless Disease
4. Antimatter - Lights Out
5. In The Woods.. - Live at the Caledonian Hall

6. Skepticism - Farmakon
7. Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
8. Opeth - Damnation
9. Blazing Eternity - A World to Drown in
10. The Gathering - Souvenirs

11. Mourning Beloveth - The Sullen Sulcus
12. Lacrimosa - Echos
13. Dead Soul Tribe - a Murder of Crows
14. Tiamat - Prey
15. Virgin Black - Elegant...and Dying

other stuff like Neurosis & Jarboe, Grails, Kayo Dot... was also (and still is) pretty nice

Blue Taste said:
Here's my list:

1. Anathema - A Natural Disaster
2. Radiohead - Hail to the Thief
3. Old Dead Tree - The Nameless Disease
4. Antimatter - Lights Out
5. In The Woods.. - Live at the Caledonian Hall

6. Skepticism - Farmakon
7. Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
8. Opeth - Damnation
9. Blazing Eternity - A World to Drown in
10. The Gathering - Souvenirs

11. Mourning Beloveth - The Sullen Sulcus
12. Lacrimosa - Echos
13. Dead Soul Tribe - a Murder of Crows
14. Tiamat - Prey
15. Virgin Black - Elegant...and Dying

other stuff like Neurosis & Jarboe, Grails, Kayo Dot... was also (and still is) pretty nice

a great list!!!!! Mourning Beloveth, I forgot them, shame on me, they rule!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

DragonLady1 said:
a great list!!!!! Mourning Beloveth, I forgot them, shame on me, they rule!!!! :headbang: :headbang:
Ay thanx :)
Mourning Beloveth is very good indeed, hope to see them on the Belgian Doomnight II if i get there: While Heaven Wept, Esoteric, Mourning Beloveth,... :headbang:

@Allan; Blazing Eternity has indeed some cheesy lines (as well as a silly bandname) but their tunes are really good i think. The whole flow of the album struck a nerve with me immediatly.

I've promised never to air my view on BE lyrics here again :ill: , I was just quoting :eek:

I liked that "A World To Drown In", got tired of the rest very quick, "Stars In July" makes me :tickled:

Hey, then you guys know the Love Shop cover, that's a great song, you should get into that, proper Danish music, BE managed to not totally ruin it.

What's this Dead Souls Tribe - Muder of Crow ? What genre is it ? I think I remember downloading a couple of songs and that is sounded heavy-HEAVYYYYYYYYY METTTAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL like ? Doesn't it ? I'm not sure it was that band