The best of 2003

radiohead are not fuckin fun. they could cover the village people or boney m or stratovarius if they wanted fun. ffs. :mad:

sol83 said:
radiohead are not fuckin fun. they could cover the village people or boney m or stratovarius if they wanted fun. ffs. :mad:
but i think they covered it because radiohead were heading lining that festival.

i dont think the village people or boney m or stratovarius were playing, although i may be wrong there.

I dont know if i bought any new music this year xept the nafferma and antimattah cds, Ive been buying old stuff mostly

i need to find new stuff to get excited buy the rock/metal thing seems as dead a smelly welly boot

Bambi said:
I dont know if i bought any new music this year xept the nafferma and antimattah cds, Ive been buying old stuff mostly

i need to find new stuff to get excited buy the rock/metal thing seems as dead a smelly welly boot
get some Sikth.....or dredg

whats Sikth like then?? this isnt like fucking wotstheirnames who everyone goes mad over and it turns out to be a poor mans neurosis is it??.eerrmmm that lot old man gloom i think

Headquake said:
Overall a really dissapointing year. I had a hard time filling a top 10 list, but here it is:

1.Dream Theater-Train of Thought
2.Machine Head-Through the Ashes...
3.Katatonia-Viva Emptiness
4.Shadow's Fall-The Art of Balance
5.Dissection-Live Legacy (Ltd. box set)
6.Antimatter-Lights Out
7.Opeth-Damnation
8.Dead Soul Tribe-A Murder of Crows
9.Lamb of God-As the Palaces Burn
10.Nevermore-Enemies of Reality
if i see yer list, then 2003 is a poor year for you indeed. you should start to discover new things. non metal stuff i mean.

This year I mostly listened to older stuff, such as Tori Amos, Radiohead's earlier works, Genesis, lots of Rory Gallagher. Other than that, I really loved the new Anathema (top of the year, imo), Dredg, Evanescence, Arch Enemy and lots more which just won't come to mind ;)

hey but he has Dead Soul Tribe in his list, wow, that fucking rules, I loved that album and I was really pleased when they played as replacement for Arch Enemy before Nevermore... that was so much better then Arch Enemy could have ever been!!!! Dead Soul Tribe are deffo a really special band!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

DragonLady1 said:
hm, a part from Anathema and Antimatter I see that lots of ppl here have Katatonia, Opeth, A Perfect Circle and Machine Head in their list, nice :) :) :)
if i cant sleep then ill put viva emptiness on. rest assured.

well i heard they were playing dublin so i gave their album a few listens, really liked it, and then seen them live and thought they were great.

they're nothing like neurosis...

i just think they're really good.

it is mate. i liked td and lfdgd. and bmd was good for what it stands for. but doads, do and this one. fucken hell :ill:

well said dlady,dead soul tribe is a small hope in the horizon.murder was more than ace,and so is their previous album.i should say devon cos he's behind evrthing,oh and their live act is good too(3hr marathon set)