Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dumah

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Daylight Dies

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Wars of Winter

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
THALES music takes me away to far away places…in my opinion, THALES are in this way alike, in exploration of creating emotion, feel, to Opeth (if you are going to compare them to another band?), but obviously unique in their sound. So early on in their career, the BIG sound and depth they are creating without vocals, mastering etc, is HUGE!

Very :cool:

Congratulate yourselves…aahhhhh yeeessssss.

Close your eyes, listen and you no they have something extremely special together!

Don’t take my word for it, Thales songs http://www.mp3.com/Thales

Thales (2 new songs) Post

Incidentally, I want to make an honourable mention to Soul Forlorn. I think your stuff really kicks ass... you would have had my vote far and away, but Thales's newest 2 tracks made it more difficult. I just wanted to specifically point out that the voting ratios above obviously far from reflect comparative quality. I think your music is the most atmospheric of the above listed and all of your tracks, between them, show the most range. The way "Her Hands..." starts, the whole middle section of "Upon the Wings...", not to mention "Shore of Lonliness" and the guitar soloing of "Reflections..."are all magnificent. With "A Love So Dark", you've found a sound which is good and original enough to earn you musical success and I hope to hear a new record from you soon.

I've gone on about Thales before and the two new tracks do utterly rule, but I think everyone should be sure to take Soul Forlorn into consideration.

www.mp3.com/soulforlorn

I really appreciate those wonderful comments HoserHellspawn and Jo. I took a short break after "Away With the Breeze" was recorded but I just finished a new song called "A Bird In A Robe Of Black". I uploaded it to mp3.com today, so it should be available for download in a few days. It's slightly different from my previous stuff. Very depressing with an orchestrated part in the middle with dueling acoustic guitars. I've also been working on creating a better website, but that is far from being done.