The best overall Tony Martin Sabbath album?

TYR!

Speaking of Martin, I was just listening to Mollo-Martin Cage II album. Man, what a killer disc!

Haven't heard Forbidden, but Headless Cross definitely wins out of those four. The Eternal Idol is too title track-centric, and the other two are just alright.

I think it's too close to call for me, Headless Cross and Cross Purposes are great...

You?

You nailed for me it Sixxi :kickass:, but I'll probably will give "Headless Cross" a slight notch up.

I have been listening to both of these album a lot as of late and both have held up wonderfully. I'm with Kuier; Headless Cross Purposes....

Yeah I read that one after my first post, it´s a good moniker :kickass:

"Headless cross", a masterpiece and my second favourite Sabbath album after "Heaven and hell".

After that, "Tyr" and "Cross purposes". "The eternal idol" got some fillers but "The shining" is one of the best Sabbath songs ever :headbang:

I like the 1st 3 almost as much, Tyr has some great tracks, but a couple lesser ones. Forbidden is OK at best.

My order:

Headless Cross
Cross Purposes
The Eternal Idol
Tyr

-------

Forbidden

Cross Purposes is the only tolerable one.

Eternal Idol is a Ray Gillen-era album for all I care, the Martin version can fuck off.

TYR. I always felt it was an underappreciated album. Most don't like it because of its "softer" keyboard-laden sound, but I think that overall it has very solid songwriting.