The big century eargasmic paraphernalia

2005 - Lurker of Chalice - s/t
this album's suffocating atmosphere is still unparalleled to this day.

I ordered the NWN version along with the recently released demo/unreleased material. Ive never heard one thing from this band. I miss buying blind. It's more fun this way

Reactions: Krilons Resa
I ordered the NWN version along with the recently released demo/unreleased material. Ive never heard one thing from this band. I miss buying blind. It's more fun this way

the s/t is an incredible album which is infinitely better than any leviathan release. I also have that “new” album (demos/comp). There are some good songs but it’s mostly underwhelming.

1) I forgot that MoW - Bath/LYBM was 2001.

2). You fuckers posting honorable mentions are ruining the purpose of this thread; devolving it into pure anarchy.

3) I bought that Hala Strana double CD back in the day when, I thought it was Demilich?, was pimping it. I’ve very briefly listened to it a handful of times over the years but don’t get it. I was never one for field recordings I guess.

2001: Tool - Lateralus
2002: Agalloch - The Mantle
2003: Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine
2004: Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
2005: The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
2006: Negură Bunget - OM
2003 has been finalized. That album means too much to me. These 6 years have some amazing shit... make that 7 because 2007 was just as good. After that, it is clear that I stopped giving a crap about new music. Or perhaps artistry died in 2008, who knows? Onward!

2007: Mammatus - The Coast Explodes
2008: Colour Haze - All
2009: Nokturnal Mortum - The Voice of Steel
2010: Ludicra - The Tenant
2011: Rwake - Rest
2012: Vaura - Selenelion
2013: Ulver - Messe I.X-VI.X
2014: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
2015: Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls
2016: Ihsahn - Arktis.
2017: Acid Witch - Evil Sound Screamers
2018: Sleep - The Sciences
2019: who cares
2020: hahaha
2021: i'll be lucky to be alive

My sole HonoUrable Mention goes to David Bowie - Blackstar from 2016. I have a very strong emotional attachment to the master's swansong, as many others do I am certain.

Last edited:
Thought that said ludacris on your list nad :rofl:

Also more anarchy :p

2011: Circle of Ouroborus – Armon Keitaalla
HM - Suspended in the Brume of Eos

2012: Cara Neir – Stagnant Perceptions
2013: Kayo Dot – Hubardo
2014: Thy Darkened Shade – Liber Lvcifer I
HM: Spectral Lore III (could go either way really, the bass playing of Liber puts it over)

2015: VI – De Praestigiis Angelorum
2016: Ehnahre - Douve
2017: Laster - Ons vrije fatum
HM: Exuvia, Immersion Trench Reverie, Vigilance Perennial, Nordkarpatenland, Dede Kondre (strong year!)

2018:
Imperial Triumphant – Vile Luxury
2019: The Chemical Mind – Beneath the Shadow it Cast
HM: Kayo Dot, Laster, Laetitia in Holocaust, yellow eyes
2020: Sweven – The Eternal Resonance (Obviously time will tell—but this album does seem timeless (lol))

Non Metal
2011: Little Dragon – Ritual Union
2012: Locrian & Mamiffer – Bless them that Curse you
2013: Autechre - Exai
2014: Musk Ox - Woodfall
2015: Milo – So the Flies don’t Come
2016: Aesop Rock – The Impossible Kid
2017: Mount Eerie – A crow looked at me
2018: Mount Eerie – Now Only
HM: Armand Hammer Paraffin, Autechre – NTS Sessions 1-4
2019: Billy Woods – Hiding Places
HM: Thief – Map of Lost Keys, Scorn – Café Mor
2020: TBD

3) I bought that Hala Strana double CD back in the day when, I thought it was Demilich?, was pimping it. I’ve very briefly listened to it a handful of times over the years but don’t get it. I was never one for field recordings I guess.

Must have been a phase. I never listen to shit like that anymore. Tried occasionally over the years and... nah