The Big Four

No way. Last Testament album was great. Shitting all over latest Metallica, Megadef and Slayer.

I like overkill quite a bit... hell they're still releasing quality stuff.
I've never really been able to "get into" testament or kreator.

Overkill is alright, I was hoping to see their tour live but they cancelled.

Anyways, out of the bands that came out of the 80s, I think Testament is one of the best, if not the best, and they still are. The Legacy and The New Order are classic thrash albums, and The Gathering is a monstrous album. The most recent album was alright, but both times I've seen them live were awesome.

Why are you comparing the two bands in their present form when both of them earned notoriety as thrash bands in the 80's? Obviously they are both producing lackluster albums nowadays, but that's not what this discussion is about.

Besides, you could say the same thing for Slayer, Testament, and just about any other thrash band from the 80's. They all suck now, but their early material is amazing.

Because we're not talking about seeing a show with them in the 80's, and Megadeth plays as well now (if not better) than they did back then. Slayer seems to be holding it's own, as well. And their new album sounds like good ol' Slayer to me. And Testament's newest wasn't half bad, either.

They were the big 4 in the 80s. That isnt gonna change now or ever. That's the point he was making.

Slayer
Exodus
Metallica
Dark Angel

All released extremely important thrash albums in their prime.

I like Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth. (Apart from Metallica's mid-90s/early 2000s slump of course)

Anthrax are OK, but can we replace them with Testament? Or Death Angel?

When someone responded with who the big 4 were, you said 'not on my planet,' while following it with 'I've never listened to Anthrax.'

Duh, it's idiotic to agree that someone is one of the top four BEST EVER when you haven't listened to them...?

Among the Living would be their shittiest album if they didn't follow it up with an uninspired v2. Groove metal, sans the thick production and aggressive performance required for it to work. Hideous album.

Spreading the Disease and Persistence of Time are easily the best. Fistful of Metal is fun if you come in expecting a Manowar record with some Kill 'Em All clonery instead of an actual thrash album, and the first Bush album is a fairly enjoyable mainstream-90's-metal-with-some-thrash-illusions if one enjoys such things. Otherwise, the band can fuck themselves.

Mental Vortex is insanely good... probably my second favorite thrash album of all time, next to RtL.