The Black Sessions

krowtreaH

I spelled my name wrong
Jan 16, 2006
Dunno if anyone's ever mentioned this before. I'm too lazy to use the search, and I'm sure none of you mind anyway :)

There's 3 songs in particular that feature on The Black Sessions box... Quiet World, Wait Outside and Sulfur.

Why were these songs never put on albums? I appreciate that they'd be hard to fit in in some places and albums, but they, to me at least, have to be 3 of the best Katatonia songs ever recorded.

Are there any other treasures that have been hidden away from us which never made it onto the black sessions?

those were put in albums actually except by wait outside.

quiet world was in the ultra rare "saw you drown" ep as we all know

same thing with sulfur who was released on the teargas ep first and then rereleased on the 2003 LFDGD digipak edition.

wait oustside is an unreleased track from the viva emptiness session....

we all know that, so just to keep you on track.

Discouraged+One said:
those were put in albums actually except by wait outside.

quiet world was in the ultra rare "saw you drown" ep as we all know

same thing with sulfur who was released on the teargas ep first and then rereleased on the 2003 LFDGD digipak edition.

wait oustside is an unreleased track from the viva emptiness session....

we all know that, so just to keep you on track.

my LFDGD is a 2005 release and the bonus tracks are
#12 help me disappear and #13 o how i enjoy the light,they keep releassing so many different albums,its hard as hell to find the original.

I should have stayed more sober before I posted that :)

I more meant why they weren't on albums rather than just EPs, cause they were certainly album quality tracks!
Quiet World wasn't even on the Black Sessions, it's off Brave Yester Days, heh.

I have the rereleased 10" of the Saw You Drown EP, which I love :)