The Black Waltz

METAL2000

Oct 14, 2003
Visit site
I got it , the album is so fucking cool and so stronge and swamped , guys you will like this album belive me it is so differnt from the old albums but it is cool and the voculs is fucking greate (KEEP IT UP THE TRUE DEATH MELODIC SWAMP METAL)

METAL2000 said:
it is so differnt from the old albums

+1

+ and distortion tones and atmosphere are so different...
a different album.. a different swamp has been created...

:OMG:

yeah this album is really good....ill admit, the vocals will take a little while to get used to, but the guitars and the other instruments are really great.

i also have downloaded it, but with the intent to buy it when it comes out. I was just SO anxious to hear this album i couldnt resist. It is AMAZING.

i will buy this album on wednesday. :hotjump:

Managed to get some songs. Absolutly amazing!! Great job guys!!!
I must say I didn't think it would be this superb. Now I have to wait till Wednesday to order it from my local music store :(
And when is the merch going to be released? I need to some how get a hold of a Kalmah shirt.....

Yeah I downloaded it yesterday and ordered/preordered through my local record shop today. I can't even put into words how amazing I think this album is. Giggity! Everything about it is just superb, Id like to list my favorite moments but I think that would take like a full page. Maybe later. But congrats to Kalmah on another fantastic record! :headbang:

The album definatly rocks but doesn't satisfy me at 100%. I think they should have mix the 2 vocal styles. When i heard older black metal vocals in bitter metallic slide, i missed them. Other than that the album is good but i'm not used to new kalmah yet, i still prefer older... We'll see :D

hidious said:
The album definatly rocks but doesn't satisfy me at 100%. I think they should have mix the 2 vocal styles. When i heard older black metal vocals in bitter metallic slide, i missed them. Other than that the album is good but i'm not used to new kalmah yet, i still prefer older... We'll see :D

I agree 100%. Though the new vocal style sounds good, It seems to make the whole album a bit more monotone. I think a mixture of the two styles would have been best. The album is still mustard though.

I pre-ordered it then downloaded it. I'm getting it no matter what so I thought I'd dip in a little sooner....

The death metal vocals KICK FUCKING ASS! I loved them from the moment I heard them.

The only disappointment are the solos. Not a single one stands out.:erk:

ok sone song dosn't have alot of solo but there are song like(the black waltz and bitter metallic side) whitch they are having fucking solo and a greate riff

but guys (THERE IS NOTHING LIKE SWAMPSONG ALBUM THE RIFF AND THE SOLO AND THE KEYBOARD) THAT DOSN'T MEAN THAT I DON'T LIKE THE BLACK WALTZ BUT THAT ALBUM WAS MY FAVORITE

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

so far so good. im listening to the album for the fourth time through. ill have to give it a few more listens before i post my final review. all hail kalmah!!!

The Bringer said:
I pre-ordered it then downloaded it. I'm getting it no matter what so I thought I'd dip in a little sooner....

The death metal vocals KICK FUCKING ASS! I loved them from the moment I heard them.

The only disappointment are the solos. Not a single one stands out.:erk:

bwahaha! are you kiddin me? The Black Waltz solo doesn't stand out? It may not be the most technical but it sure sounds epic to me! Sorry to sound like a dick, not my intention. Yeah and the death vocals I think really suit the album. Is it me or is this album just so much bigger sounding than the past three?

Someone should try and tab 'Man of the King' ;)
Probably one of my favorite songs at the moment. I'm only missing the song "The Black Waltz"

average stalker said:
no. the production on this album is the best so far, but at times it's hard to hear the guitar melodies

The production is "too perfect' sounding for me. The vocals suit the album well but 11 tracks with this vocal really is kinda of monotone. Ok i'll stop criticizing, GJ Kalmah!