The blank stare.

RoboCaster

Victory is at hand.
Jan 7, 2005
www.fenderforum.com
Check this out, people already kinda’ little afraid of me cause they see me play and wonder if I’m not into Satanism, he he, I will just let them wonder.., but here is what I’m going to do next week, it’s an old trick, but they’ve never seen it before, so... I will paint my fingernails black and play Maiden with my Devil-Red Strat with a grin. They’re going to get freaked by the creepiness of it all, you can see it in their eyes, when they get the blank stare, you know they think your playing devil music you know, but it’s devilish, that’s why I like it, that and it’s the only kinda music worth playing anyway IMNHO.

How many of you know that blank stare?

I'm not working today as hard as I should.. he. he. ;)

Ah yes, the blank stare! I remember it well! How I long for the blank stare again, but alas... the only time I see it anymore is when I do a sound check for one of the bands I "roadie" for... It's fun when the audience is there to hear some normal band play "alternative" music and the sound check is some old guy shredding up the place. I just put on my best evil grin and shred a bit more, then I walk up to the mike and yell "Hello Cleveland!!" and give my best metal salute!

I wonder why the guys don't have me soundcheck anymore?

BichMaker said:
I wonder why the guys don't have me soundcheck anymore?

Most likely due to the fact that new alternate rock with the 3 chords a some mega distortion alone, just don't add up... :err: I know, don't put it down, but man it just don't do it for me.

Reminds of a time when there was a concert in Seattle with Billy so and so, just can’t remember his name, I think it’s Billy Squire, but he was the warm up for Def Leopard, and he was like in your face kick ass, and Def Leopard came out and looked small after that.

Yep, that was Billy Squire.
I thought the guitar looked like it had the Midas touch. Very royal looking. I wonder if Roger is having financial hardships? Why would he sell such a wonderful piece of memorabilia?
Heart!! Love them....Ann Wilson is the Goddess of all singers.

red7of9 said:
Yep, that was Billy Squire.
I thought the guitar looked like it had the Midas touch. Very royal looking. I wonder if Roger is having financial hardships? Why would he sell such a wonderful piece of memorabilia?
Heart!! Love them....Ann Wilson is the Goddess of all singers.

Royal is exactly it; the best description that can be used, it has that 300 year old style to it…Something like a scepter.

Hey check it out, I did that black fingernail thing, but it didn’t freak ‘em out; however, there were some who looked as though they thought its evil looking, but the chicks just thought I was trying to look cool.. well it did kinda’ work, I think a few 'em liked it more than being freaked by the creepiness… But I've earned it the right, it’s not posing alone, I actually play the Iron Maiden too; therefore, I’ve got the right, he he ... Yea actually, it goes good with "Power Slave" and "Children of the Dammed", from 'Life After Death" versions.

Yea it is.. It took 3 weeks to get the newest CD, but now that I got it, that's a good thing. Yea, but you know that song "Children of the Dammed"? Well I tell ya, it's probably the only song that gives me that sadness when I play it, you know other songs make me sad when I listen, but not when I playing, this one is; however, different.

BichMaker-Dude your guitars are really bizarre, they look like DimeBag’s guitar or even Jason’s. I couldn’t ever make anything like it from a blank piece of wood, I don’t have the skills, and never will either. Warmoth is where I get my parts, they’re local here anyway, so I kinda’ proud of ‘em too; so, then I assemble, calibrate and fine adjust, and that’s about as much of a level of difficulty I care to get myself into...

Also dude, since you’re a guitar maker, I need to find a custom made hardened brass tremolo arm or something really strong, so that I can pick up my axe with the arm and shake it and use the weight of the guitar to move it without snapping it off. Where do you get them?

Well, not from Fender! :yow: (sorry!) I love Warmoth... I've built lots of guitars using their parts, but now I just make my own... cheaper for me, and handmade - no CNC! Thanks for the... um... compliments. :cool: Setups are always the biggest pain, so it's good that you can do them! :worship:

As for the bar, I like to do the bar thrashing myself, and I've never had one snap, but I use Floyds - and the bars are thicker. Also, I don't recall seeing any brass bars... they should be bent steel - plated to the right color. I'm sure some of the import stuff is cheaper material and it could happen, but that should be a fluke. Email me some details (bridge type, where it breaks, etc...) and I'll look around. I have had to make my own before... for a Kahler, but that was because I wanted one longer than the ones you could buy. Should be able to find something for ya! :D Take care Bro!

After you play Iron Maiden or at that level anyway and then have some time to think about it, do you feel like you’re going to explode? I do, I tell ya I wonder if I should quit playing, I feel like I going to burst from pent-up energy - the runner’s high - if you know what I mean? It makes me feel weird; don’t know if it’s because I haven’t smoked in years, but the music smokes…:Smokedev: Yea but it's true though, Yea I told some people about it before and it spooked 'em cause I say it lasts all day long, but you know, they don't love to play as much as I, so how could they even understand?

yeah, i know what you mean \m/ adrenaline \m/ i usually can't sleep after a show.

i googled the side effects:

increase in the rate and strength of the heartbeat resulting in increased blood pressure
blood shunted from the skin and viscera to the skeletal muscles, coronary arteries, liver, and brain
rise in blood sugar
increased metabolic rate
bronchi dilate-hair stands on end ("gooseflesh" in humans)
clotting time of the blood is reduced
increased ACTH secretion from the anterior lobe of the pituitary- whatever that is...

gotta love it, even w/o all the spook
music is kewl like that :) moves the masses :)

That could just about be interpreted as something else... he, he... Anyway, yea adrenaline I should have been able to figure it out, but oh yea, it feels weird.:Smokedev:

So that explains it all, Sara! All the time I've been singing, and Maiden is the only music that's ever made me need a double dose of anti-perspirant!!! I kid you not, I am DRENCHED after a show! And it's not just the physical activity of singing Bruce (though it's most certainly a contributing factor), this is definitely from the inside out! I've never experienced anything like it, except maybe in my karate class. Better than a runner's high! :D

MiniMurray said:
gotta love it, even w/o all the spook
music is kewl like that :) moves the masses :)

>moves the masses - I know what you mean, I did know that, cause it's so true, I noticed sad faces, but it's not for me, cause I love it too much and am just a guy that loves to play, but I see sad people too, it’s like magic…Madin is a hard driving blues rock; it’s emotion gets stronger rather then wearing off.

RoboCaster said:
> it’s like magic…it’s emotion gets stronger rather then wearing off.

So very true! The magic is always there even in the rehearsals! Within a song or two of getting started, it's ear to ear grin time!
It's like nothing I've ever experienced! Who needs happy pills when ya got Maiden??!!! :D

Lots of songs from different bands can make you feel emotion and that’s how I know they did a good job, but I’m the kind of guy that is easily moved by music. Anything from “Crystal Ball” to “Wasted Years”, but I do think that Iron maiden’s songs freak people out, because it’s a bit Devilish but as sophisticated if not more so than say Rush. I liked playing Rush – it’s magical, but Maiden has way more soloing, so therefore, keeps me in the fun zone.

Yea like that beginning voice-over used in Wasted Years, on the third turn-around at end of the song I’m just hypnotized...o_O

That's why I love metal so much. :D The raw energy! :hotjump: I head bang the whole night through!! :headbang: I go to a different realm where there is only me and the music. Purely magical!! I get mesmerized by it, totally lost!! o_O I'm on my own private island. Sometimes it's just wonderfully wicked to be completely alone!! That is why I love the MaidenS, they are so damn talented! :worship: I appreciate you all so much for bringing back the love of Maiden! :D Without you all doing what you do, there would be a lot of lost souls and I would definitely be one of them. Metal is the true cure-all. :Spin: It's the best for what ails you!! :ill:

Stay fierce ladies! :headbang: Much metal and magic!!!! :headbang: :worship: :headbang:

MAIDENS RULE!!