The Bolton Roll Call

MattBlack

Mr. Nasty
Dec 16, 2001
The 7th Cornice
www.area54.co.uk
Since Bolton is the final scheduled date of Area 54's tour, and perhaps of this year, and since also lots of people seem to be coming along from all over the country, this seems like a fairly important gig.

As the headline act (as far as I'm aware), 54 are likely to get quite a lengthy set, altogether making this (dare I say it) kinda like "54's Big Bash" (trying not to make it sound too much like a certain other artist :p ).

I'll be there (as I usually am), but who else?

I have college and am going :D lol :tickled: and I have work on Saturday..to which I aint going :D lol

Count me in :D and theres a few of my mates going who aren't signed up for the boards so..count them in as well.

If the funds are there, ill be there. Dont wanna miss the last gig of the year.

And im VERY impressed its in the North West :D

Nice one, comrades.

I've just been out with the parents for a few drinks and...if I pay my dad£10 he'll take my mam away for a dirty weekend :tickled: so i can go to Bolton!!! :D:D:D:D my momma said no but pappa said yes so...GET IIINN!!!! :D:D:D:D can't fucking wait baby!!!!

TICKLE MY PICKLE!!!! :tickled:

by the way... if anyone is hungry when they get to bolton.. theres a very good puib just down the road from the Alma Inn - called the old 3 crowns...

basically, from the from door of the alma, turn left, walk down the road to the war memorial... (about 100 yards) turn left again, and the old three is about 10 yards on your right... (the entrance is down a little gunnal to the side of the pub) its a rockers institution in bolton (also the place i was thrown out of on my 18th birthday - cause they found out i had been drinkin underage in there for 2 years b4 hand :lol: )

they do a great all day breakfast for a couple of quid, among other things

Well - a day after the gig - and what an interestingly f**ked up day that was.

For those that didn't go, the short version of the story is Area 54 got stuck in traffic and hundreds of other problems, turned up very, very late - but still put on a blinding set, playing long until after they should have finished, and won the crowd back from their understandable impatience with encores and moshing hijinx.

All in all, though nothing went quite as it should... a cool gig.

They fucking kicked arse man, great set :D And I got a signed cymbal :D:D:D:D:D Which I am really grateful for :D thanks guys!

We got locked out of Bolton station :( it was fuckin freezing!!!!!!! We fell asleep in manchester station and missed our train :tickled: We had to get the 5:45 :D arrived back in Hartlepool at 9 AM :D

A great day out, fun for all the family :tickled: Apart from Sandman(Harty) getting me into bother with the Old Bill in Manchester for his actions in Bolton :tickled: You silly little fuck! No you can't walk across the railway lines! :p