The Butterfly Effect (Movie, not band)

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Anyone see this?

I didn't really know what to expect. I heard it wasn't your typical movie, and I wasnt too keen on seeing Ashton Kutcher in another movie.

I watched it last night. Fuckin awesome movie :headbang: :headbang:

Ashton was surprisingly good in it, and the story was a total mind fuck.

It is one of those films that you will be thinking about in bed at night, which are the films that I love.

It's basically about A kid who blacks out and has trouble remembering things so he starts keeping a jounal. There is a history of mental illness in his dad's side of the family, his friends have an abusive parents, and there is a prank that goes horribly wrong. He moves towns to get away.....

Then we cut to about 12 years later or whatever and we see Ashton Kutcher take up the lead. He realises that by reading his journal, he can transport himself back to the time of all the bad shit from his past, and can even change the events before returning to the present, where everything is different.

Sounds very far fetched (and I guess it is), but it is done very well. It's a very dark film and at times really disturbing, but I fuckin loved it. There are a couple of things I'd like to discuss, but won't because of spoilers.

Reccomend it to all ya'll

Oh yeah. I watched it on DVD and thought the ending was tops, but I have heard that it was not the original ending that I saw. I heard that the theatrical release had a different ending because the other one was too shocking.... I don't think there could be a better ending to the DVD version

I haven't read the post as I don't want to spoil anything. I have heard lots of positive things about the film, and plan to watch it sometime soon. Although I have heard the DVD is a 'directors cut' with a completely different ending to the original release. Some people prefer it, some don't. I must see it.

The Director's Cut ending is like a million times better.

The bullshit theatrical ending is bullshit and stupid.

Great movie, but Ashton and Amy Smart can't act for shit, so they sort of dampened it. Also, the little kid saying 'fuck bag' all the time pissed me off.

And I can think of a better ending:

*SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIILLLEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

Ashton full tops himself umbilical style and then instead of Amy being all happy, she gets hit by a car at like, 15 or something. So he sacrificed himself for nothing.
Now THAT would've been a tops ending.

*THERE YOU GO, THATS THE SPOILER IN THE MIDDLE THERE*

Great movie! I didn't know there were different endings. Somewhere care to give details?

Which ending did you see Sydo?

You must go and get it again to see the directors version. I don't want to spoil it. It is not just the ending that is different. Apparently there are a few key scenes added as well which sets up the ending.

I saw a pirate DVD version, so I can't say if it was the directors cut or not.

SPOLIER!

ADADGASDFGGHFJKJKJKLJKLKJLJKADFGO%KBAKNBS
FDHH He aborted himself out of exsistance .VVLXD
ADGGGHGJERATRTOBNAOTPHHFDHGFHJKKJJLKJKNN

I'm guessing the cinema release may have had a happier ending?

Goreripper said:
But you know what though, not only did he *SPOILER* at the end, he actually did it twice before.
I took me a moment to work out what you meant there, but now I understand and agree. Very cool! :Spin:

Southy said:
I gotta go buy the DVD version NOW I guess
N'ah dude... Just bookmark this thread now and re-read later. Then come back and buy it now, then. Remember to say hi to us n the way out.
Or something.. :dopey: