The Ring (the movie)

Sydo

Apr 13, 2001
:mad: SCARIEST! MOVIE! EVER! :mad:

Holy shit it ruled! I was shitting myself the entire time. Tash couldn't watch - I don't think she'll talk to me anymore. :lol:

And the best part, unlike many other movies within the same genre, it doesn't answer shit.

Spiff, I did check out Talkmovies.net. I'm not sure agree with you about the ending, it didn't seem too long at all. In fact, that was one of the cool parts. Just when you think it's over - it's not! And unlike AI for example, another 10 minutes is just fine compared to another hour!

repeat,
:mad: SCARIEST! MOVIE! EVER! :mad:

Blitz - Now that I've built it up, it'll probably disappoint. So let me just say this; It's better than The Others, and The Others was very good. :)

Spiff - AI was stupido. It should have ended when the sea froze. I like a movie that doesn't 'need' to answer all your questions. One where you could go home, log onto a movie related BB and discuss your own interpretation of the issues raised in a healthy, informative and constructive environment - rather than have every single detailed answer spelt out over 3 hours of excessively embellished tripe. :)

Originally posted by Spiff
Oh, and I thought "The Others" was scarier.

Great suspense in The Others, but very few genuine frights. Then again, I saw The Others at home on video rather than the theater. That makes a difference.

I saw The Others last weekend on video. It builds the suspense quite well in the middle, but the ending, although an interesting twist, doesn't use the built up suspense very well.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to TalkMovies.net ?

Well, I was all set to get the original this afternoon, but IT WASN'T THERE ANYMORE. All copies had been taken off the shelves (or moved somewhere else). Not impressed! :mad:

I thought 'The Others' was great. I think I enjoyed it more a few days after I watched it, when I got to thinking about it. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood to think about it when I was watching, lol.

The Mothman Prophecies looks interesting, but I don't like Richard Gerr, so I didn't take an interest in seeing it.

I think I shall make an effort to see 'The Ring' before all these other new releases come out that I wanna see ('Die Another Day', The Two Towers', 'Chamber Of Secrets', ect...).

Richard Gere can be quite a good actor when he has the right material, actually. Normally I can't stand the smarmy git, but he was good in Mothman.