The Cancellation of Black Xmas, December 23rd.

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
From another Forum:

I was supposed to go to a festival and a gig, first on the 23rd of December, called Black Xmas (Woods Of Ypres were headlining and the support included Deathmarch, Green Evening Requiem, Wolven Ancestry and another band I believe). Green Evening Requiem had difficulty getting past the border and spent 10 hours in a car just getting to Toronto. According to some people on the forums, some people flew in for the show from Mexico, and I'm sure people flew in to see Quo Vadis as well. However, me and 3 other guys spent 6 hours getting there and back and unfortunately waiting at the gig with about 10 other people and the goddamn place was locked and no signs of life. No sign saying the shows were cancelled, nothing.

My friends are quite dissapointed, so they're apparently not going to see Woods of Ypres with Moonsorrow on the 15th of January at the same place because of this. And on The Metal Bar's myspace, they now removed all the shows because of venue problems. From the looks of the place, there hasn't been anyone there in a month. Truly dissapointing.

We would like to appologize on behalf of the promoter and the venue for the cancellation of Black Xmas. It was completely out of our hands. This was also very disapointing to us as well after spending so much time and effort in the weeks leading up to the show that we spent preparing a new set that we never got to play for you.

For anyone like this who travelled a long ways to see Woods of Ypres only to get to Toronto to find out that the Black Xmas was cancelled, please get in touch with us!

E-mail me at: woodsofypres@hotmail.com

Thanks! + Happy new year! 2007 will be much better than 2006. :)

Reactions: ArntorFTL
This totally stinks.

Any word yet on what, if anything, is going on with the Moonsorrow show on the 15th? I've got hotel reservations I need to cancel if the show is a no go :cry:

Happy new year...

I've run out of words to describe this whole situation. I am meeting with the folks at the big bop tomorrow afternoon, Moonsorrow will be cleared up then.

2006 was a pretty good year except for the last like 2 weeks, those... yeah see above.

None the less I hope you all were having a great time midnight struck last night.

:kickass:

Hey, that guy was unfortunately me and 3 other guys. They're pretty pissed at me for taking them to 2 shows that never happened, but hey, what can you do. Hope to see you soon, David.