The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I got a Line6 Studio UX2 that comes with POD Farm 2.0 and im very content with thetone it provides.
its about 180 euros

Hey guys I need your help

I installed the EMG from my jackson into my Alexi-200 to make it a more decent guitar(same forhardware)

but anyways I made a schematic of how the wires were connected and use the Jack,POT that were with the PU.

anyways i soldered itall together and now it doesnt work anymore

When i use a tuner it works perfectly but when i put it in an amp it doesnt..

can anyone help me?

Here is the schematic and the way I installed it, legend below for info

Pickup.png

Legend:
Yellow
is a wire within a wire
liek this
shielding.jpg

and both are soldered to the ground

also what bothers me is that that the jack only has 2 cables connected.
but the jack is this completely closed thing with a plastic surrounding it.

if anyone can help me out?

Also i found this shcematic online, which i couldn try but the problem is I cannot distinguish what is waht on the output jack

emg-1.png

Fuck Line 6 and VST's. I love my Kemper, perfect simulation!
Well, Kemper isn't budget friendly.

Hey guys I need your help

I installed the EMG from my jackson into my Alexi-200 to make it a more decent guitar(same forhardware)

but anyways I made a schematic of how the wires were connected and use the Jack,POT that were with the PU.

anyways i soldered itall together and now it doesnt work anymore

When i use a tuner it works perfectly but when i put it in an amp it doesnt..

can anyone help me?

Here is the schematic and the way I installed it, legend below for info

Pickup.png

Legend:
Yellow
is a wire within a wire
liek this
shielding.jpg

and both are soldered to the ground

also what bothers me is that that the jack only has 2 cables connected.
but the jack is this completely closed thing with a plastic surrounding it.

if anyone can help me out?

Also i found this shcematic online, which i couldn try but the problem is I cannot distinguish what is waht on the output jack

emg-1.png

You don't need to ground anything if you're using acitve emgs.

Also, congrats - gear talk and covers thread keep this forum alive.

The problem is I cannot see which is ring,tip or sleeve on the ouput jack duo to its plastic encasing

here is how it looks

20141212_155940.jpg

20141212_155953.jpg

IF i could distinguihs which is which i could just apply the lower schematic and fix it..but i cant see where the rign,tip or sleeve is thus dont know what to connect to which pin

Sincerely

Had the same problem. I ended up buying a new stereojack and some ''crocodile'' connectors which I temporarily used to hook up the cables without having to solder them on. That way all I needed to do was hook the crocodiles up until I found the right connection and then I could solder them on permanently.

The problem for me though wasn't at the jack, I later found out that I had it right at the jack all along but that I had the cables to the 9V in the wrong order!:D

Had the same problem. I ended up buying a new stereojack and some ''crocodile'' connectors which I temporarily used to hook up the cables without having to solder them on. That way all I needed to do was hook the crocodiles up until I found the right connection and then I could solder them on permanently.

The problem for me though wasn't at the jack, I later found out that I had it right at the jack all along but that I had the cables to the 9V in the wrong order!:D

but in my case i know the cables are right.
The JE1000 clone sold on this forum came with that battery clip and i cut those cables in half so I know red is positive and black is negative. Ergo that the red cable from the battery clip should be connected to the red from the EMG81

and he jack is the stock one that came with the EMG81, I completely got all electric parts from my Jackson and in my Jackson I put all new parts(which works perfectly fine btw).

so the jack is a stereo one but its just encapsulated by that plastic. still dont know which is which.

EDIT:

found this though

Jack.jpg

Actually the Kemper is very budjet friendly. Did your EMG have a clip on connector on the pickup itself or was the cables hardwired into the pickup itself? Anyways the "yelllow" cable is a sheilded cable where the surrounding wire goes to ground and the one inside the plastic is the signal and goes to jack or volume pot if you got that. Anyways EMG has good manuals on their website, and if you can't hook it up by following that I suggest you either watch some youtube videos on the subject or take it to a professional to sort it out. If you get it wrong and still get signal to the tuner there is something wrong with your grounding.

Actually the Kemper is very budjet friendly. Did your EMG have a clip on connector on the pickup itself or was the cables hardwired into the pickup itself? Anyways the "yelllow" cable is a sheilded cable where the surrounding wire goes to ground and the one inside the plastic is the signal and goes to jack or volume pot if you got that. Anyways EMG has good manuals on their website, and if you can't hook it up by following that I suggest you either watch some youtube videos on the subject or take it to a professional to sort it out. If you get it wrong and still get signal to the tuner there is something wrong with your grounding.

thx I soldered it wrong, the pickup has a clip but the others side of the wires are not with a clip so to pot and jack i have to solder.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/kemper_profiling_amplifier_bk.htm

When you're thinking about what you get in terms of so close to authentic tube tone from all amplifires there is. It is far better than pod and vst's at least. And just look at all the bands that have started using it recently. Quite impressive and are putting Axe Fx to shame.

Even GP-1000 got a good profile or two.

When you're thinking about what you get in terms of so close to authentic tube tone from all amplifires there is. It is far better than pod and vst's at least. And just look at all the bands that have started using it recently. Quite impressive and are putting Axe Fx to shame.

Even GP-1000 got a good profile or two.

You do have a point there, but still, it's out of the league for must of us.

Reliable, yeah maybe the new versions of AxeFx (2.1 and XL) but all the older broke now and then. Kemper had a LED issue that is fixed now. And still it have some users pushing it too har in hot temperatures, in which they need a reboot, now the reboot is quite quick, but no one gigs without any backup right?

So i resolderd the EMG81 in my Alexi-200 and still no sound through amp.

I did it following the schematic from my previous post
emg-1.png

and

switchcraft_enclosed_jacks.jpg

but still only sound through my chromatic tuner and no sound through amp

Also the pivots for my bridge dont stay in lace they are pushed into the guitar and thus the bridge moves towards the pickup and its safe to say the guitar is ruined.

in the end it was a shit guitar anyway..still kinda bummed about my solder work not working though

What pot value are you using? And any reason you don't have a stereo jack? The guitars Ive used/uses EMG 81 with came with or only worked with 25k....

What pot value are you using? And any reason you don't have a stereo jack? The guitars Ive used/uses EMG 81 with came with or only worked with 25k....

I used all the parts i stripped from my jackson

Same pot, same jack

so idk what it is.