The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Even so, this is still pretty worrisome. Hopefully ESP is preparing to launch something involving Alexi and not just pulling his product line over licensing issues.
Even if they pull all models you can still order a custom from ESP.
I hope they put out an LTD or Edwards tribute model or one of the purple ones he had made in fall 2020. I never really dug greeny at all.

If I could put together my own Alexi signature, it'd have yellow hollow pinstripe, like the katakana, gold hardware and glowbin the dark scythe inlays.

What would you guys have them make?

Reactions: MaximHateCrew
Even if they pull all models you can still order a custom from ESP.
I hope they put out an LTD or Edwards tribute model or one of the purple ones he had made in fall 2020. I never really dug greeny at all.

If I could put together my own Alexi signature, it'd have yellow hollow pinstripe, like the katakana, gold hardware and glowbin the dark scythe inlays.

What would you guys have them make?
I'd really like to see the purple with white pinstripes get a release as an Edwards or LTD version. If I could make my own I'd take the ripper sawtooth guitar, change the color from purple to red and take out the neck pickup. Inlays could be red sawtooth or scythes like on the wild scythe model. For hardware color I'd go with black or gold.

btw. Someone is selling a nearly mint Jackson RR-LL on a finnish musicians forum for 1200€. Pretty overpriced for basically a RR3 with one pickup and a 24-fret neck, but I guess it's a sellers market right now.

Reactions: MaximHateCrew
I'd really like to see the purple with white pinstripes get a release as an Edwards or LTD version. If I could make my own I'd take the ripper sawtooth guitar, change the color from purple to red and take out the neck pickup. Inlays could be red sawtooth or scythes like on the wild scythe model. For hardware color I'd go with black or gold.

btw. Someone is selling a nearly mint Jackson RR-LL on a finnish musicians forum for 1200€. Pretty overpriced for basically a RR3 with one pickup and a 24-fret neck, but I guess it's a sellers market right now.

That guitar would look sick!
Could you post a link for that RR-LL?
I'm not even close to having 1200€ saved up atm, but I'd really like to see it.

Last edited:
Is that the Jackson RR Limited which intended to be a signature model for Roope and Alexi right? but they sold only a hundred in Finland around early 00.

Is that the Jackson RR Limited which intended to be a signature model for Roope and Alexi right? but they sold only a hundred in Finland around early 00.
Yes, and I think it was a limited run of only 60 guitars. That one is number 59.

https://muusikoiden.net/tori/ilmoitus/1626920 here, but it's entirely in finnish and the pictures seem to be old. I don't think it's a scam though but the pricing is way off. I bought some other stuff from that guy last year.

It's priced optimistically, but it says he's open for offers, right? Commenters are pretty rough on him in there.
For how rare these are by now, it's probably not the worst deal. If I was a bastard and i had a bit more money, id buy that and try and flip it on reverb. I mean, people are happily buying LTD Greenys and such for 1500€ atm.

It's priced optimistically, but it says he's open for offers, right? Commenters are pretty rough on him in there.
For how rare these are by now, it's probably not the worst deal. If I was a bastard and i had a bit more money, id buy that and try and flip it on reverb. I mean, people are happily buying LTD Greenys and such for 1500€ atm.
True. And yes, he's open for offers. I'd rather pay 1,2k for that actually somewhat collectible Jackson than some Alexi-600. I guess it's not a bad axe if you don't mind the bolt on neck and replace the jackson licence floyd with a Schaller.

Exactly, I was kinda bummed when I first saw the guitar close up via the link, I thought it has OFR with some high-end pickup (maybe it is) and neck profile etc. however in reality the guitar looks like a cheap RR in the style of Alexi & Roope.
Also since this is that rear probably no one would ever dare to use it and to buy a 1200€ decoration to your house... I don't know :erk::wave:

https://muusikoiden.net/tori/ilmoitus/1626920 here, but it's entirely in finnish and the pictures seem to be old. I don't think it's a scam though but the pricing is way off. I bought some other stuff from that guy last year.
I'd be all about it if it weren't for that neck joint. Bolt-on V's are super clunky. Can't tell if that's rosewood or ebony either. Cool guitar, but I wouldn't buy it I don't think.

True. And yes, he's open for offers. I'd rather pay 1,2k for that actually somewhat collectible Jackson than some Alexi-600. I guess it's not a bad axe if you don't mind the bolt on neck and replace the jackson licence floyd with a Schaller.
Ugh a licensed floyd. Barfing smiley.
Im really more of a strat body kind of man, and I'm more into ESPs tbh.
I don't mind a good bolt-on.

In 2014 i traded my ESP for a JCM800. A few years went by, and I'm suddenly interested in getting to play shreddier stuff again and then in 2019, filled by sellers remorse, i tracked down the guy i traded with and he sold me back my ESP.
537€ (odd number i know. Guess a nordic currency.)

Attachments

• 20210206_095731.jpg
    20210206_095731.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: ESA1996
Ugh a licensed floyd. Barfing smiley.
Im really more of a strat body kind of man, and I'm more into ESPs tbh.
I don't mind a good bolt-on.

In 2014 i traded my ESP for a JCM800. A few years went by, and I'm suddenly interested in getting to play shreddier stuff again and then in 2019, filled by sellers remorse, i tracked down the guy i traded with and he sold me back my ESP.
537€ (odd number i know. Guess a nordic currency.)
Cool axe man. :thumbsup:

Let's talk amps again. Does anyone know how Alexi practiced? Did he write and practise unplugged or with a small practice amp?
We know Daniel is a Kemper user, but I have no urges pointing me towards a modelling unit. Also they're really expensive for a 12 year old piece of PC-tech.

The Kemper is a cool unit but it desperately needs a Mark II version. Some love it, some don't. I found 1/50 profiles I downloaded would sound good but the rest wouldn't and the EQ was very destructive. The Neural DSP Quad Cortex also offers signal chain profiling but with the modelling options of Axe-Fx/Line 6 devices. It's not released to the public yet but I'd keep an eye on that when more genuine opinions are made.

Can any of you guys with Alexi's guitar + pickup setup send me DIs? I just need 10 seconds playing the intro riff to Black Widow or Are You Dead Yet, two takes to pan left and right. I was able to tone match the Hatebreeder and Hate Crew Deathroll tones almost perfectly but they don't respond the same playing with passives.

If you can wait till monday - of course (HZ-H4 + JE-1000, if that's ok - guitar is in drop B).

How do you tonematch them? With BIAS ?

No rush. Whenever you have free time try recording two synced tracks of the are you dead yet intro riff. B is the point where a 25.5" starts introducing much bigger tonal changes compared to D- C-C# but it should work. I'm using the Tone Match plug-in included with Logic Pro X. I find it the most accurate and easy to use. I'm then layering it over Lasse Lammert's Lee jackson perfect connection gp-1000 Tonehub/Kemper Patch. I think I can get every album's tone.