The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

So the theory is that there was at least two white USA models made for him and also at least two scythes made.

One scythe exploded, and the other he's kept until his departure. That one had it's finish sanded off by his tech.

Attachments

• 146215450_3981250595218578_2316955641126802815_o.jpg
    146215450_3981250595218578_2316955641126802815_o.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 41
I think he refers to the first Scythe guitar here with the "you touch you die" sticker you can see on Tuska 2003 because later on he played a Scythe with his signature on the headstock but the one he plays on Tuska doesn't have any signs just the logo. I was always wondered why he used a signature model instead of his own but this little story could explain it. Also Scythe was his first ESP.
Wasn't the Arrowhead model his first ESP? He probably got them both pretty much at the same time though. He plays the arrowhead-guitar on that one promo clip where they play Rebel Yell at rehearsals and Alexander was still in the band. My 2003 RV-350AL Arrowhead was made in october though. I can't find the video anymore. Also, I'm really mad at myself for selling that guitar about a year ago. :(

I don't think so because if you watch Tuska 2003 he uses only one ESP model and his Jackson RR CS Green Pinstripe for the Drop C songs. If he would have another ESP at the time I think he would use that instead of taping down the logo of his old Jackson in order to bypass contract violation.

Alexander had two ESPs at the time because one of his guitars wasn't a CS it was a factory ESP AK-M2 from Musamaailma for 1445 EUR according to one source: http://store3.data.bg/cobfan/Alexander Kuoppala.html (which you can find online under the name E-II M-II Urban Camo mainly).

Last edited:
I don't think so because if you watch Tuska 2003 he uses only one ESP model and his Jackson RR CS Green Pinstripe for the Drop C songs. If he would have another ESP at the time I think he would use that instead of taping down the logo of his old Jackson in order to bypass contract violation.
Or maybe he didn't have a boost circuit for the other one yet so he had it just as a backup for the time being and he used the Jackson because it was ready to go? I think I've heard a story that he had a JE-1000 he got from Alesander installed in the first Scythe model, but then again I might be totally wrong.

I think he refers to the first Scythe guitar here with the "you touch you die" sticker you can see on Tuska 2003 because later on he played a Scythe with his signature on the headstock but the one he plays on Tuska doesn't have any signs just the logo. I was always wondered why he used a signature model instead of his own but this little story could explain it. Also Scythe was his first ESP.
Wrong, it was the Arrowhead, he got the scythe very fast afterwards. At the time he probably thought the scythe looked more badass onstage.

Alexi's signature model come either in Custom Shop or Standard versions (also called E-II for the Wild Scythe). The difference is the quality of the guitar. You can spot them by looking under the ESP logo on the headstock, if it says "Custom Shop" then that's a Custom Shop, if it says nothing then it's a Standard version.

Ah yes! Thanks man. I didn't realise there even were standards made back then. Makes perfect sense now.

IMG_0303.JPG IMG_0304.JPGOverdue NGD! Managed to finally snag one of the elusive RR-J2SP models off of Facebook from a fellow Stone fan here in the States! He had put in an MM-04 with the stock EMG and I've switched it out for a USA made J50BC! Also have it pictured with my RR24 LTD with the ABQ and another J50BC. I will be doing a video shootout between them and comparing them with my original JE-1000 that my buddy put in a pedal enclosure soon!

Damn dude! Those are some really nice looking Jacksons!
Thank you! I always drooled over those guitars growing up, especially the Stone RR. Obviously when I saw this Stars on my Facebook feed, I almost had a heart attack! It's definitely been played a lot, but it feels killer and looks awesome. The RR24 was actually for sale locally and the guy I bought it from had swapped out all the black hardware for gold and even bought a case for it! I was honestly on the fence about getting it because I've already got an Edwards Scythe, but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't dream of having the WildChild RR, especially watching Warheart's videos like we all did lol. They both have surprisingly thicker necks than what I was expecting for a "shredder" guitar, for sure.

Hey guys! Just have to share this with you, as i can't hold in my excitement.

The guy i chatted with, Ari - my new Internet penpal, who owns two of Alexis old guitars. He's currently in Sweden because he's doing pyrotechnics for a Sabaton show that is going to be livestreamed from Sweden (EDIT) THIS (/EDIT) evening.
He's lending Alexis white USA model to Chris Rörland. He sent me a picture of the guitar sitting between all of the other guitars and basses of Sabatons.
He's hinted that there would be a sort of surprise in their show. Could they be making a tribute CoB cover?
I really hope so.

The live stream is free to watch, so i think it's pretty safe to share the link here.

https://fb.me/e/1ZTOK7uZN

I have pictures of 'load-in' of the flamethrowers at the TV studio and a picture of Sabatons guitar rack, with the white guitar in it.

THE STREAM IS TONIGHT.

Last edited:
Reactions: P4T0U and Zman
Noooo scratched my edwards on a brick wall :( Does anyone have quick tips to fix this?

PXL-20210324-165032632.jpg

Reactions: Fastbodom
Noooo scratched my edwards on a brick wall :( Does anyone have quick tips to fix this?

Black permanent marker! Or a sticker!
I'm dead serious, it's the only way I'll ever try and fix a guitars finish. Alexi didn't give any fucks about his stage guitars getting dinged and scratches, so neither will i. It's a punk rock attitude.
Good thing you scratched it, now the next one won't hurt as much.

Also.. the track Sabaton played at the very end of 'Dalecarlia Music Awards' which was almost a two hour show, was okay. I think i basically like Sabaton. It didn't feature the Alexi guitar or an homage of some kind, as I was hoping and fangirling for.
received_274258317607402.jpeg

Reactions: rj rl
Some wax might cover those since the scratches aren't too bad. I haven't tried it but it might still be worth looking it up.

This is going to be an easy fix, either leave it because in the next few years it will happen again.. its just fact V’s get damaged tips. Or beltbucket scratches. Or softly wetsand this with like korrel 1000/1200 or 1600, until u dont really see the scratches, and then polish the tip. In holland we use comandant, google for yourself some “fine-polish”.. maybe even toothpaste could do the job if your lucky

Reactions: P4T0U