The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Thanks man! I just saw JE-1000 clone on reverb.com with a different pcb. I might check that out. But I'm currently settled with the EMG HZ-H4A and ESP MM-04, which is so nice, that I've decided to sell my overdrive pedals.

this is how the ones from RR480 look like :
I truly hope he will make new clones :) these were EXCELLENT quality. Same make as jacksons with newer high quality parts.
and non-invasive for the guitar since the jumper setting could let you choose between push pull pot or seperate button.

huwlgelynqh60jbljfzr.jpg

qyjxlvgxpljgi0dbuvus.jpg

Reactions: Zman
this is how the ones from RR480 look like :
I truly hope he will make new clones :) these were EXCELLENT quality. Same make as jacksons with newer high quality parts.
and non-invasive for the guitar since the jumper setting could let you choose between push pull pot or seperate button.

huwlgelynqh60jbljfzr.jpg

qyjxlvgxpljgi0dbuvus.jpg

Yeah, that is the exact one i saw just few weeks ago. I hope i can get my hands on either one of those or the ALX set for my next guitar.

Did you guys see, how beaten up was the longer wing of the Wildchild RR in the Making of ETID Video? I was truly surprised, always thought it was Alexi's "apple of his eye".

Did you guys see, how beaten up was the longer wing of the Wildchild RR in the Making of ETID Video? I was truly surprised, always thought it was Alexi's "apple of his eye".
Yeah, that's the punk rocker in him. He just saw them as his tools. Of course he was happy wirh them, but I suspect he had more than one of each one made.
Like the black Sawtooth was all busted up, and then he got a new one. I posted pictures of it a while back. COBs pyrotechnics guy and stage tech Ari has owned that one for 14 years, but Alexi was still seen playing a Sawtooth. Yeah the same one that was the drop C guitar for Chaos Ridden Years.

Correct.
If we only talk about the Japanese shape he used live and in the studio, he had 3 Scythe, 2 Sawtooth and 3 Pink Sawtooth.
The other models he only had one of (except the Wild Scythe for which he had an E-II version as well).

Do you have a complete list of which guitars Alexi had? If yes, please post it in the gear thread. It needs updating :)

Edit: this is the gear thread :rofl:

Just gotta show you guys this.
I sold off my gaming PC, bc I'm too old for that and I'd rather just focus all my available freetime into guitar. Sooo, I'm back in rack, baby!
Got two Velocity 300 for the price of one, and if any of you guys need it, I'll gladly pass on the good deal i got.
I sold the E530 to a guy back in 2018, and last week i asked him if he still had it. He did, and he asked if I'd be interested in getting it back. I was, and now it's here again :)
Friend of mine has a TC G-Major with broken encoder knobs, that I can have for free, so now i just need to trade my 2U case for a 4U, and see if anyone wants to trade their cab for my PV Bandit.

Not a complete list but here are the guitars I know, mainly the japanese shaped ESP signature models, he had. All Custom Shop unless stated otherwise.

1 Arrowhead from 2003
1 Scythe from 2003 (destroyed)
1 Sawtooth from 2004 (given to Ari)
1 Katakana (standard) from 2006
2 Pink Sawtooth from 2007
1 Pink Sawtooth from ??? (2007 I assume)
1 Scythe (standard) from 2008
1 Blacky from 2009
1 Scythe from 2011
1 Sawtooth from 2011
1 Greeny from 2013
1 Wild Scythe from 2016
1 E-II Wild Scythe from 2016 I assume
1 Hexed from 2019 (received in 2020 but built in 2019)
1 Ripper Sawtooth from 2020

And he also had a bunch of other axes around, US version of his signature models (some given away) + some others such as ESP Arrow, Eclipse, SV NT (given to Jussi), ESP SV Standard, etc.

Thanks man! Thats amazing! I didn't realize there were 3 pinkies made :)

Edit: can't upload pictures all of a sudden. Somehow file is too large.

Last edited:
Interesting question, is it possible to take a tube preamp, and have it built into a tube head?
Yes it probably is, but why? Why not just couple it to a poweramp? If its just for the look of a head there are some places that make a 19" case in tolexed wood.

What i desire most in this world is Marshall responding to my emails, and just stop making stupid "lifestyle products".
Or more manufacturers coming back to 19" rack stuff, as there are just not that many options left out there.

Yes it probably is, but why? Why not just couple it to a poweramp? If its just for the look of a head there are some places that make a 19" case in tolexed wood.

What i desire most in this world is Marshall responding to my emails, and just stop making stupid "lifestyle products".
Or more manufacturers coming back to 19" rack stuff, as there are just not that many options left out there.
I was just curious if it’s possible. I do think it would look cool though.

anyone noticed there are no Edwards/ESP guitars to be found on ebay anymore?
it's like they all went up in smoke lol.
Was looking for an edwards sawtooth (regular, I already own pink)

Someone on Reverb literally just posted an ESP Standard Scythe and a CS Arrowhead today. Asking crazy prices for them, but it's to be expected.

I got lucky to get my Edward’s regular sawtooth for $999 a month ago but shipping and import duties from Japan was over $300. Got a black ofr, black tuners, and emg alx going in it right now. Let you know how it looks when I get her back!

Managed to snag one of those sawtooth's off of ebay about 2 months ago as well. It plays great and I'm glad I got it, just sad to think that these things are going to be so hard to come by now.

In the biography Alexi mentions using the LJ GP-1000 up until RRF, and then using the Marshall from HOB and onwards. I've understood it as both those albums were the ENGL E530 doing it's thing. Did he just use the preamp for live stuff for a year or two?
There's like one drunken NAMM interview with Alexi being interviewed by some ENGL guy, where he talks about dropping the preamp on the floor. It's quite hilarious, as the ENGL representative doesn't know how to respond.

Does anyone have a lead on when and where the switches were made?