The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Someone on Reverb literally just posted an ESP Standard Scythe and a CS Arrowhead today. Asking crazy prices for them, but it's to be expected.

it is actually musamaailma on reverb lol.
those were gutiars that were ordered before alexi's death.

I guess since his death everything is a sellout, but the prices will drop again once he dissapears a bit into obscurity again. I hope.

I got lucky to get my Edward’s regular sawtooth for $999 a month ago but shipping and import duties from Japan was over $300. Got a black ofr, black tuners, and emg alx going in it right now. Let you know how it looks when I get her back!
that is a good deal. I paid same for shipping and import on my Pink sawtooth, but I don't fret about that...since If i buy from a store here they will ask even more so they have profit.

Reactions: MattK
it is actually musamaailma on reverb lol.
those were gutiars that were ordered before alexi's death.

I guess since his death everything is a sellout, but the prices will drop again once he dissapears a bit into obscurity again. I hope.
I don't think it's Musamaailma because the seller is based out of Chicago and the seller is listed as Matt B Glass lol.

Reactions: Zman
190761584_2901843873400455_506079370843665868_n.jpg

Does anyone know more about this guitar? I don't recall ever seeing it used live or in the studio. Maybe it was ordered by a fan.

Hi guys,

I recently bought an ESP SV STD from Reverb.
However now that it has arrived I have this idea that the pinstripes are yellowed? is this possible and how do I fix it?

Also there is some light scratches on the front, anyone also have any advice on how best to remove them?
pics:

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

Hi guys,

I recently bought an ESP SV STD from Reverb.
However now that it has arrived I have this idea that the pinstripes are yellowed? is this possible and how do I fix it?

Also there is some light scratches on the front, anyone also have any advice on how best to remove them?
pics:

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg
Your photos didn't work. This one? ESP SV-STD 2009 Black with White Pinstripe Chrome Hardware EMG-81 Floyd Rose Original Neck-thru OHSC | Oxford Guitars | Reverb

Unfortunately, white paint in guitars just yellows over time. There isn't really a 'fix' other than refinishing the whole thing. It's the main reason I don't buy the Scythe models. I love they way they look brand new, but I hate how they look when they yellow.

For light scratches, you can treat them the same as automotive clearcoat scratches mostly. Just get a guitar polish and follow the instructions.

Last edited:
Sorry for the low quality but here is me playing the Bodom beach terror solo on my used Edward’s alexi

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQR_hrKC9XA/?utm_medium=copy_link

Sick playing man. Sick guitar too. I have the same one here at home but I think I want to take the HZ out of it. It sounds too thin/bouncy to my ears. What pickup is that in yours?

You guys remember the Jackson RR-LL that was for sale for 1200€ on a finnish site earlier this year? I ended up buying it for 850€. Yeah I know it's just an overpriced RR3 with a 24 fret neck and without the neck pickup but I think it's a cool piece of history.

Nice. Got any pics?

I actually like the way white guitars age. There’s a 2008 esp alexi for sale on reverb and it’s totally got the vintage white color going on.
For me, it's the other way around. I hate it when the color slowly fades into yellow. I had 10 years of stickers on my guitar whose imprints are now burned forever, because everything around the outside is yellow :D
Sorry for the low quality but here is me playing the Bodom beach terror solo on my used Edward’s alexi

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQR_hrKC9XA/?utm_medium=copy_link
Awesome playing!

Reactions: MattK
Sick playing man. Sick guitar too. I have the same one here at home but I think I want to take the HZ out of it. It sounds too thin/bouncy to my ears. What pickup is that in yours?

Thanks guys! It’s an emg alx set actually into evh 50 watt.. still working on the setup

I've been watching some of your other videos - really good guitar playing! But you have by far the weirdest picking-hand position I've seen so far. How can you play like that? :D

Anyway - subscribed!

I've been watching some of your other videos - really good guitar playing! But you have by far the weirdest picking-hand position I've seen so far. How can you play like that? :D

Anyway - subscribed!

hahah you think? I’ve never had anyone mention it. I totally don’t even think about it really. And thanks dude for the compliment!

Anyway - subscribed!
Because you haven't seen mine yet :D

Alexi sold it to Daniel some time after he switched to ESP.

You can even see him sporting at the Last Norther show:

Our @Fastbodom wanted to buy from him few years back but Daniel refused to sell it and we've talked about the fact in the previous posts that after what happened he probably never will.

Last edited: