The Clairvoyant bass track's finished...

FARKIN HELL EC....!!!!!

How cool does your bass sound dude....... its as good as if not better than hallowed....!!!! Mega bad ass bass..... i love it...!!!

AND.... if done a first final mix copy already..... and i think its the best sounding yet..... hopefully someone can find a lil inspiration from it.....

Ive emailed to you EC..... lemme know any thoughts or changes........ if anyone else wants a sneak send me an email and ill email it back over to you......

Im listening to it again and your bass sounds totally awesome.....i think this version beats the original hands down.... ;)

Good work....

Wow EC.

I didn't want to jump in on Medsy and Virus' bandwagon, but dude..they are right. This bass track is damn close to sounding like Steve's (Harris) original!

I originally did not want to do an alternate version to this song, since Medsy's sounded so damn good...but now i am thinking I very well may have to! We don't have much else going on anyway...

Great job.

Wow guys, THANKS! :D

Very nice of you all to say! :cool:

I am pleased with the sound on this one too, and there really are three reasons why:

1. The track Medsy gave me sounds great, and it was a joy to play along with! It's really much easier for me to tweak my sound when I can do it along with the other instruments, especially a mix that's as well played and evenly mixed as the one Medsy gave me. :cool:

2. The new headphones. I can hear so much more clearly now! :cool:

3. You guys have heard me complain over time that I was getting alot of bad takes because my bass was begininng to make alot of string noise, etc, and generally wasn't playing very well and getting worse. Well, I threw a clamp across the first fret and took some good measurements on the neck and realised that my neck was developing a massive backbow. It had really gotten much worse the last couple of months, probably because of the warm, humid weather. Anyway, I did a total set-up on the bass, every adjustment, and it's sounding and playing much, much better now. I had to sacrifice a little height in the action, but it's no big deal because the Ibanez Soundgears have such low, fast action to begin with that I hardly notice the extra height at all. :cool:

Thanks again for the kind words guys! Glad you like it. I thought that the track could've been a little tighter, but I guess it'll fit ok once mixed in a little better. :cool:

Now, what next?

I'll work with Eddy on his originals and do a little writing of my own, but otherwise I'm ready for some more cover songs if anyone's got any suggestions. I'm going to keep time devoted to our music now, so barring any unforeseen distractions I'll be able to start working much faster now. :cool:

Cheers!

Thanks Constantine, that's very kind of you! :cool:

Ya know, I'm not sure that my Soundgear really stacks up to some of the more high quality instruments, but over the years I've been impressed with it's ability to sound like other basses. If I play around with my Nightbass unit enough, I can even actually get a fairly good Rickenbacker sound!

Although, I need to learn to generate these sounds more consistantly. Sometimes I'm happy with it like with this track, but I've done some others that in retrospect I cringe to even listen to.

How's your computer doing BTW?

Computer seems to be runing well. I can't remember it runing so quickly.
I'm sure over the past couple of years I really screwed it up.

I do miss my music I have downloaded. I found a CD I burned a while back with some of the IMG tracks on it.

Playing around with the new Cool Edit program, it's really changed from the version I used.

Now it's time to lay a new bass track
take care
Constantine

Originally posted by Constantine
Computer seems to be runing well. I can't remember it runing so quickly.
I'm sure over the past couple of years I really screwed it up.

I do miss my music I have downloaded. I found a CD I burned a while back with some of the IMG tracks on it.

Playing around with the new Cool Edit program, it's really changed from the version I used.

Now it's time to lay a new bass track
take care
Constantine

If you like, I can burn all of our songs up to now for you, and send it along with your book? :cool:

Hey all

EC: Can u do me a favour and upload that finished version 1 clairvoyant mix i emailed you to myplay or somewhere else if u can....???

Its just that i wanna share it with everyone but as usual i cant upload......

Its a killer mix imo.....

Thanx in advance if u can.....but if u cant lemme know and ill make some other arrangements....!!

Cheers

Originally posted by Medsy
Hey all

EC: Can u do me a favour and upload that finished version 1 clairvoyant mix i emailed you to myplay or somewhere else if u can....???

Its just that i wanna share it with everyone but as usual i cant upload......

Its a killer mix imo.....

Thanx in advance if u can.....but if u cant lemme know and ill make some other arrangements....!!

Cheers

No problem Medsy! :)

I'll upload to MyPlay tonight, and post a link. :cool: