The Collector's thread

audiophileguy

Apr 5, 2004
This is your one stop thread to let your inner geek out to talk about such things as ebay auctions, matrix codes, bootlegs, special hauls, reissues, help finding a cd, etc.

If this auction is legit, it'd be one of the most nutty auctions i've ever seen on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MANILLA-ROAD-DE...cmd=ViewItem&pt=Music_CDs&hash=item3cac54fdeb

got my jewel case version for 25 dollars total last year :lol:
there's also a chance it will be reissued soon

speaking of reissues, savage grace is coming out with reissues next month. I'll be picking up after the fall just for the bonus tracks(their last ep), but i'll have to listen to the remaster of master of disguise before I decide to buy

http://stormspell.bigcartel.com/product/savage-grace-master-of-disguise-the-dominatress-cd

I've seen on a couple of other forums people reckoning that it was a sort of staged auction to increase interest for an upcoming bootleg. It was a Greek auction, so you know there's got to be something dodgy about it, but if it was genuine, then I might consider selling my copy.

There's another copy up for auction at the moment, so it would be interesting to see if it fetches a similar price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Manilla-Road-Deluge-Underground-Symphony-/360256560140?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Music_CDs&hash=item53e0f6dc0c

The only thing I have that is really worth anything are my Crypt reissues, and a few of my NWN Die-Hards. My Dead Can Dance - "Spleen and Ideal" first press might be worth something as well. I'm sure my Slugathor LP will be worth something in the years to come.

There rarest thing I have is probably the Alcest/Angmar double LP, which isn't all that rare in the first place.

I also have a couple of Bone Awl releases, the Velnias demo, the Absu/Reumpelstiltsken Grinder split, Birdflesh/The Kill split, Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation/Insect Warfare split, and a Khanate EP. Not much special, but somewhat limited.

I don't think I own anything worth more than $30 or so. Not sure what a first press gatefold vinyl of ITNE goes for, but that's probably the most valuable one I have.

Not metal, but I have an alternate cover vinyl of DOA's War on 45. Found it in the rare section of a local record store.

Woot for Immense Intense Suspense ownership. Gotta thank Benoit from this forum for that. I'll list some of my OOP/original shit later on probably.

I've got quite a bit of rare shit,can't really be bothered typing them all out,I just wanted to comment on the obscene prices that seem to hit certain first presses,cd or vinyl.It blows my mind to think how much some of this stuff might be worth in 10 or 20 years time.Already there are people prepared to pay hundreds of $ for a fucking cd,it pays to be in the know.

I haven't bought anything particularly rare for years. eBay gets seriously irritating after a while. There was always some asshole willing to pay a more ludicrous price for a piece of plastic than myself. I have loads of rare/OOP albums, but I'll just list a few favourites. All CDs/first presses.

Altar/Cartilage - Split Album
Darkified - A Dance on the Grave
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Demilich - Nespithe
Gorement - The Ending Quest
Ildjarn - Ildjarn
Ildjarn - Det Frysende Nordariket
Miasma - Changes
Purtenance - Member of Immortal Damnation
Thornium - Dominions of the Eclipse
Utumno - Across the Horizon
Wombbath - Internal Caustic Torments
Zemial - For the Glory of UR

I don't have too much rare/OOP/original stuff, but...

Artillery - By Inheritance
Asphalt Ballet - S/T, Blood on the Highway
Den of Thieves - S/T (local band, definitely the rarest in terms of amount printed)
Haji's Kitchen - S/T
Jackal - Rise, Vague Visions
Omen - Battle Cry
Reverend - S/T, Play God
Riverdogs - S/T
St. Vitus - S/T
Trouble - S/T, Manic Impressions

CD's only. Aside from the Trouble S/T on a good day, I don't think any of them go for $50+ though. I used to list Coroner's Grin on there, but I've since discovered it to be a Greek bootleg. :(

Atrocity - Hallucinations
Atrocity - Todessehnsucht
Dark Millenium - Ashore the Celestial Burden
Dark Millenium - Diana Read Peace
Phlebotomized - Immense Intense Suspense
Sempiternal Deathreign - The Spooky Gloom

*squirt*