The Collector's thread

ive heard good things about Trouble's s/t but I have not heard it

Download it if you don't want to spring the $$ because it's excellent. The only way I can imagine one not liking it is if they expect a straight-up doom album like Psalm 9, because there is a lot of traditional, speed, hard rock, and stoner-ish sound to be found. One of those albums that always fits the bill when in the mood for some well-done straight-up metal.

unless u payed hundreds I bet its a boot

I bought it for like 35 dollars. It also has the "Yes he is" on side one and "dt did it" on side two, which have been said to be on the original. It's also not in mint condition either, a couple of small creases here and there.

Regarding metal, I don't really have any truly prized possessions. I've got several first press/originals of many black metal bands but then again so do tons of other people.

Regarding non-metal, I have many but you'll only find this interesting if you like goth music. I'm too lazy at the moment to take pics for all of them but luckily, I do have some album cover-scans.

#1. Suspiria - The Great and Secret Show (Limited Edition)
The standard album is rare enough and expensive to buy, but this is the limited edition. Only 300 copies were made and I've got it autographed (in gold pen) by both band members. The singer seems to have dropped off the face of the planet so I imagine it would be nearly impossible to get his autograph these days, unless you know him personally. I had no idea this version had even existed until I bought it - I even contacted Mark Tansley to ask him if it was genuine.
SUSP-GRE1.jpg

#2. Fear Cult - A Bouquet of Songs (cassette)
Matt Riser told me that this cassette is limited to 200-500 copies. I'm surprised I was ever able to find this, it is uber/incredibly rare.
fearbouq.jpg

#3. Fear Cult - Your Darkest Romance
This is limited to 1000 copies according to Matt Riser and is also incredibly rare. It took me a long time to track this one down, and I've only ever seen a few online. Usually, missing artwork or in "acceptable" condition selling at ridiculous prices like $100 or I've seen $200 for one in mint condition. I bought mine for about $9, and it's in mint condition.
FEAR-YOUR.jpg

#4. My London After Midnight collection:

This includes 3 of the 4 picture discs, which are all limited to 500 copies. And regarding LAM CDs I own every edition of every release, 22 CDs in total but 24 if I count an autographed promo for Violent Acts of Beauty which Sean Brennan gave me and I have two slightly different versions of the Mexican release of Selected Scenes. Many of these are quite rare.
lammu.jpg

14vmbo1.jpg

#5. The rest of my Suspiria collection:

"Allegedly..." (12")
Limited to 1000 hand-numbered copies, and autographed by Mark Tansley.

Plus I already own all the Suspiria CDs which are all rare/out of print, and can be expensive to buy.

#6. Radio Werewolf CDs: The Fiery Summons, Songs for the End of the World and Love Conquers All. These are very rare, and often sell at ridiculous prizes like $100 or $200. Radio Werewolf probably has the most interesting, controversial history of any band that I listen to.
RADI-FIER.jpg
RADI-SONG.jpg
RADI-LOVE.jpg

Dark Tribe DLP (limited to 500; got at MDF last year)

darktribe.jpg

Ignivomous collection

ignivomouscollection.jpg

Silexater - Mad Sorcer LP (Sombre Records)

silexater.jpg

Various expensive/out-of-print/first press/rare/whatever metal CDs

stuffl.jpg