The concerts thread

Ender Rises

Wass sappening?
For concerts you're going to, concerts you've been to, concerts you want to go to, and general concert related crap.

Going to a concert tonight... don't remember what bands, it's a friend who's taking me, but I do know that the pit is gonna be awesome. I love going to concerts even if I don't really know the bands, because I get exposed to new music in the best way possible and I get to be in a pit.

Currently going to see Gigantour (Megadeth/Bodom/In Flames/ Job For A Cowboy/High On Fire)

and maybe Dimmu Borgir with Behemoth
also going to see Maiden on the Golden Years tour...it's GA, so we're gonna rush to the barrier and stay there. Gonna kick fuckin' ass.

I've been to:
Amon Amarth/Sonic Syndicate/Thy Will Be Done - Amazing/Appalling/Kickass
Megadeth/In This Moment/The Confession - Great/Total Crap/Solid
Killswitch Engage/Dragonforce/Chimaira/He Is Legend - Shit/Awesome/Great/Good
Dragonforce/All That Remains/HORSE the Band - AWesome/Crap/Total Crap
Iron Maiden/Bullet For My Valentine - Really Good/Total Crap

I also like to go to random concerts, but since the only venue metal bands ever play at is an hour long bus ride away, I only go to ones I really want to go to.
I'm pissed off because Paganfest (Eluveitie, Tyr, Turisas, Einsiferum) is coming through, but it's late on a Sunday night, so I can't go...

Ech, gigantour will be total shit this year.Also Id like to go to behemoth etc, but I cant get there. Fuck that shit
I saw:
-Suffocation
-Summer Slaughter
-Ozzfest 07( pretty shit)
-3iob cause they come through here often

I dont go to many concerts at all because I live in the middle of nowhere, and most metal bands dont even bother to go past Seattle to vancouver.

Concerts I have seen:

ZZ Top/Ted Nugent/KWS
Opeth/Dark Tranquillity/Devin Townsend Band
Shadows Fall/In Flames/Arch Enemy/The Haunted/Black Dahlia Murder
Iced Earth/Trivium/Beyond the Embrace
Summer Sanitarium 2003
Chicago

I really need to go to more shows, haven't been to many in the past couple of years, but heres a few bands I've seen;

-Big Business
-Opeth
-Devin Townsend Band
-Dark Tranquility
-Arch Enemy
-Megadeth
-Dream Theater
-Fear Factory
-The Dillinger Escape Plan
-Bobaflex
-Symphony X
-Black Sabbath
-Iron Maiden
-Shadows Fall (x3)
-In Flames
-Van Halen

These are the only bands I can remember off the top of my head ATM, but their are plenty more.

There are 2 big shows coming near me next week. IRON MAIDEN on 19th and Rotting Christ/Immolation/Belphegor on 22nd. Hopefully I can gather enough resorces to attend both.

If I end up in a hospital after that concert I will be happy. I left Ozzfest bleeding.

I've never gotten beaten up at a concert, although I usually stay out of the pits. Helps that I'm 6'3. During a Killswitch Engage show, though, the entire floor turned into a brawl. There were fights everywhere. Nasty business. I left about then (mostly because they sucked and the show was almost over and I couldn't stand to hear them butcher Holy Diver). I know some kid who got shoved into a pit and some massive Finnish guy almost broke his arm.

Anyone else had bad experiences in mosh pits?

Planning to attend so far...

Tomorrow - Rotting Christ/Immolation/Belphegor - Bedford, NH

April - Dimmu Borgir/Behemoth/Keep of Kalessin - Montreal, QC

Saw Primordial/Grand Magus/Mael Mordha last weekend.

Dark Tranquillity tomorrow. Wolves In The Throne Room on sunday. got Rotten Sound coming up then Opeth/Arch Enemy/3 Inches Of Blood. And Ensiferum/Moonsorrow/Tyr/Eluevieiveitete (whatever they are called).