The concerts thread

BOOMERZ NITECLUB AND CAFE

February, 16 2008 at Nightwatch Productions Presents:
6990 Seminole Blvd, Seminole, Florida 33772
Cost : $8

Seven Kingdoms, St Valentines Day Massacre, Demise of all Reason, Brave in the Attempt, Seventh Burning

my friend and his wife and kids from CT told me he;s coming down to FL on vacation for a week so I filled up the fridge with beer and I told him Ifound this club with local bands he wanted to go to a metal concert he will get a metal concert:headbang:

Only got 3 coming up right now:

- Iron Maiden (tomorrow night), first time I've seen them since 1992!
- Explosions in the Sky
- Immortal

Wolves in the Throne Room tomorrow
Stinking Lizaveta
Trouble
Witchcraft

then hopefully Ragnorok and Up the Hammers

I'm going to Meshuggah and Ministry in May, but meanwhile there's a lot of good stuff coming up like The End and Architects...it's like ten bucks for that show too !!

Got free tix for Machine Head last night. They tore that place up but I immediately left after their set(which was too short). I still have no fucking clue why Hellyeah was the headliner.:zombie:

Saw Dark Tranquillity/Ominum Gatherum on Saturday and Wolves In The Throne Room/Altar Of Plagues last night. Both gigs were pretty great. ;o

I go to about a show a week. This week, if all goes to plan, I'll be seeing The Destro play with some other local bands on Saturday.
Next major concert I'm heading to (so far) is probably the See You Next Tuesday show, followed closely by the Ithyphallic tour.
I'm sure more will come up, though.

Bands I have seen in order of appearance. Some of these are pre-metal.

Shadows Fall
Lamb of God (4 times)
Slipknot
Skindred
Seether
Gojira
Trivium
Machine Head
The Handshake Murders
A Life Once Lost (4 times)
The Chariot
Norma Jean
Chthonic
Ankla
3 Inches of Blood
Behemoth
Nile
Hatebreed
Static X
Ozzy
The Faceless
Despised Icon
Job for a Cowboy
Through the Eyes of the Dead
Haste the Day (terrible)
All The Remains (terrible)
As I Lay Dying
The Agony Scene
Suicide Silence
Veil of Maya
Abigail Williams
Cattle Decapitation
Malevolent Creation
Vader
High on Fire

Edit: forgot about Soilwork, Devil Driver, and Killswitch Engage, all of which were subpar, when they were touring with Lamb of God.

And several other local bands. I spend too much money on concerts.

Been to:

Twisted Sister
Alice Cooper
Suzi Quatro (sp?)
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Cradle Of Filth :erk:
Metallica
Lamb of God
Hatebreed
Static X
Fear Factory
Immortal
Amon Amarth
Nightwish
Tool
Deftones
Rotting Christ
Mortiis
Susperia
Stone Sour
Lacuna Coil
Nile
Rammstein :erk:
Devildriver (I hated them so much I left early)
Slayer/Slipknot - awesome/bollocks
Korn :erk:
Sisters of Mercy (not even worth it now)

Not sure what I am going to this year yet... lack of money and disappointing list of acts that come to Perth is the killer

Bands I have seen in order of appearance. Some of these are pre-metal.

Shadows Fall
Lamb of God (4 times)
Slipknot
Skindred
Seether
Gojira
Trivium
Machine Head
The Handshake Murders
A Life Once Lost (4 times)
The Chariot
Norma Jean
Chthonic
Ankla
3 Inches of Blood
Behemoth
Nile
Hatebreed
Static X
Ozzy
The Faceless
Despised Icon
Job for a Cowboy
Through the Eyes of the Dead
Haste the Day (terrible)
All The Remains (terrible)
As I Lay Dying
The Agony Scene
Suicide Silence
Veil of Maya
Abigail Williams
Cattle Decapitation
Malevolent Creation
Vader
High on Fire

And several other local bands. I spend too much money on concerts.

How are High On Fire and JFaC live? Curious because I'll be seeing them on Gigantour:)erk:) in a few weeks.

How are High On Fire and JFaC live? Curious because I'll be seeing them on Gigantour:)erk:) in a few weeks.

Well... I don't really care for High on Fire, so I didn't enjoy them much. Also, I left because I was about to get kicked out for moshing.
The jury is still out on JFaC, it was an odd place where I saw them. I went to Oklahoma City to see them with A Life Once Lost and Despised Icon, and the place was like a warehouse they just cleared out for concerts. There were nails sticking out of the wall, the rafters were exposed and the air conditioner didn't work. Wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it was the middle of August.
I thought the venue was bad ass (the pit and the whole crowd, even, was fucking nuts), but the lead singer was like about to die from heat exhaustion, so I imagine it wasn't their greatest show.