The concerts thread

Saw Fleshgod Apocalypse and Septic Flesh Wednesday night. Opener Black Crown Initiate was alright. The crowd didn't dig them much, and I didn't care for the soft, clean vocal parts of nearly every song.

Fleshgod played an impressive and long set. They played a lot of good songs from Agony and they were the highlight of the show. I was surprised that they played as long as they did...nearly an hour and a half.

I haven't listened to much Septic Flesh, but I liked what I heard. The band didn't seem that into it, and that may have been due to the small crowd which was around 100 people.

Going to see Morbid Angel at the same place next Wednesday night. Also looking forward to seeing Flotsam & Jetsam, Hatchet and Exmortus next Friday:kickass:

I am glad this place is bringing metal shows, but I really don't like the venue. Drinks are too damn expensive and the security sucks. This young guy was obviously drunk and trying to start shit with everyone during Fleshgod's set. I kept expecting security to step in and get him out of there, but they waited until he punched a girl before taking him down.

Saw Jex Thoth and Agalloch a few weeks ago. Thought I didn't like the latter, but after that show they might have a new fan in me.

Jex Thoth sounded fucking fantastic live, was thoroughly pleased. But I gotta admit... boring crowd for their set. Definitely needed to be baked and I wasn't.

^Yeah dude whatever songs I listened to seeing if I liked them must have been bad choices. Show was fuckin great. I have since been told I'd dig 'The Mantle' so gonna give it a try.

Congrats!

Jex Thoth was great live. I don't even know about their recorded material, but they outperformed Bexehen and Sargeist by far over the last weekend. Bexhen was a real dud, but a bad crowd was a factor. Sargeist was way better.

I didn't dig the last Agalloch show. I think the new album is poor, and it takes set time away from the classics. Of course the crowd loses their shit during Into the Painted Grey, because it's the only uptempo song in the set. Cutting In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion for that boring new instrumental was a mistake.

Nah, my complaint is more about the blandness of the new album. The actual metal songs on The Mantle are pretty weak. ITSOOPC is a classic song that people expect to hear. Getting whatever instrumental finishes the new album was a disappointing finish. The only people geeking out were the under 21s, many of whom hung around to get stuff signed by the band later. I am so far removed from that kind of fanhood, but I do empathize.

Marrow of the Spirit is my favorite of their albums by quite a bit, for the record.

^jelly

I'm not sure how he does stand up nowadays, but this album was pretty much narrated over a soundtrack and its fuckin awesome. Seeing him in October along with Steven Wright, mega hyped! Didn't know either of them still toured.

MUDD1493.JPG

Well.... not metal, but missed Gogol Bordello. Was really hoping to go and didn't get tickets in time. I bet their shows are an awesome fucking time, punk fans are fun.

Seeing Behemoth w/ Tribulation and then Morbid Angel on their Covenant 20th anniversary tour and Swans this fall. So fucking pumped. There is also an option for Saint Vitus w/ Orange Goblin and Cannibal Corpse w/ Revocation but I don't know if I afford on everything.

By the way guys, what do you think about "Sognametal 20 Years Tour"? with bands: Vreid, Windir-tribute, Posthum and Ulcus. I saw live video of Windir covers by them and vocalist was pretty awful. Windir's Sture gave better performance on SognaMetal live album.

Going to see Inquisition, Septicflesh, & Carach Angren on October 17th at the Riot Room. Deicide & Abysmal Dawn are also on the bill, but I really only care about the other 3 bands. It will be interesting to see what the turn out is, I have been to shows there that have been packed & others where there are like 5 people.