The concerts thread

Got my tix for Vader / Vital Remains in Seattle, WA 9 Sept. 2013 and also Overkill / Kreator 12 Nov. 2013.

That Morbid Angel tour will be great to see. Studio Seven in Seattle 25 Nov. 2013.

Thanks for posting!

Fuck, I wanna see Slayer so bad in NYC in November, but I'd hate to go alone, especially to an arena show. Should I just stop being a faggot and buy a ticket?

Saw Deafheaven last night and they killed it. They've seriously improved their live show in the last year. The vocalist has a great stage presence and that drummer is so damn good.

Gonna be at FYF fest this weekend. Super stoked to see MBV.

MBV was amazing for the first half hour... and then they blew out the speakers. It seemed like Kevin Shields was getting pissed at the soundboard engineer; they took a five minute break, but then the bass and vocals kept going in and out for the next song. They finally got everything worked out and killed the last few songs, but it really threw a wrench in what was otherwise a phenomenal performance. It's amazing how on point the whole band; the interplay of different rhythms and sound patterns is just insane, especially at that volume. It totally engulfs you.

I saw them at their Denver show. Sounds like sound engineers have frequent disagreements with Kevin Shields. There was a point between songs where someone shouted "Turn everything up!" and Shields tutted, "Listen to the heckler," into the mic.

They turned it up. Mind = Blown. Excellent balance of old material and new in the set, and they definitely live up to the legend.

I saw them at their Denver show. Sounds like sound engineers have frequent disagreements with Kevin Shields. There was a point between songs where someone shouted "Turn everything up!" and Shields tutted, "Listen to the heckler," into the mic.

They turned it up. Mind = Blown. Excellent balance of old material and new in the set, and they definitely live up to the legend.

Yeah this was another thing I loved. Naturally I really wanted to hear some of the classics off Loveless, but I also really think there's some brilliant stuff on the new disc so I was happy they balanced the material so well. Did they do the wall of white noise at the end of the set?

Well it's official now, I'm seeing Carcass, Gorguts, Noisem and The Black Dahlia Murder April 7th. I'm so fucking excited right now, I feel like a kid at Christmas.

I wish that Carcass tour was coming to Las Vegas.:headbang:

Saw Destruction, Krisiun, and Exmortus Friday night. Exmortus played a high energy set and with it being their third show in Vegas in about six months they have developed a strong following.

Krisiun followed it up and they had their sound dialed in right. One of the best sounding sets I have experienced at this venue in the four to five years I have been seeing shows there.

I briefly met the guys to Destruction before their set and got a picture with them. :worship: They complained about the sound at the venue, but I thought they sounded good. Destruction put on a great show and played all the songs you would expect from them. Nailed to the Cross, Curse the Gods, Release from Agony, Spiritual Genocide, Carnivore, United by Hatred, Bestial Invasion,Life without Sense, Thrash Till Death, and a few more that I can't remember.

Seeing Black Sabbath tomorrow. I have zero to very low expectations (at least for Ozzy, I've seen them with Dio and they were great), but cmon they're the God damn fathers of metal and one of my top 10 bands. I just got to.

Also snagged tickets for Mastodon/Gojira later in May.

EDIT: Nevermind Sabbath was fucking amazing.

Seeing Godflesh in two weeks, should be awesome. Also going to see Swans in May, really fucking excited for that show, haven't seen them live yet.

<--- This motherfucker bought a couple of shirts from Luc Lemay and shook his hand. Made the $30 ticket a lot more easy to swallow (not interested in Carcass or Black Dahlia lol)

Incredible show tonight. I saw Derkéta, Noisem, Gorguts, The Black Dahlia Murder and Carcass tonight. Derkéta is a local all female old school death/doom band from Pittsburgh, they opened with a couple songs and they were pretty cool, nothing spectacular but they were really heavy.

Noisem were absolutely insane, seriously one of the most intense live bands I've heard or seen in my entire life. Completely blew me away with their intensity, energy, and raw fury. And oh my fucking god were they loud. I'm talking ear drum shattering, face melting, speaker exploding loud. My ear drums are still recovering as we speak. They didn't interact with the crowd all that much in between songs or even take any breaks between songs for that matter. They didn't have an intro track, they did their sound check and as soon as they were ready they started. They didn't introduce themselves or anything, they came out, destroyed the stage, blew the roof off of the place, said thanks and walked off. An experience I'll never forget. They earned a fan tonight.

Gorguts were amazing as well and they were fucking loud too. They were sooooo fucking heavy, I'm talking bone crushing heavy. They were so tight and precise with their playing and their new drummer is almost jaw dropping to watch. Their music really takes on a whole new life when you're there hearing it played live at that volume. It's like this unstoppable mammoth crushing everything in sight. The band's softer moments were just as intense as well, you could feel them sucking you in with every note, it was just awesome. I was just extremely disappointed that they played such a short set. I think they only played like three songs. :(

Now with The Black Dahlia Murder I was not sure what to expect and I know very little about their music. I just know they seem to be pretty popular and are some sort of metalcore/melodeath band. They actually surprised the hell out of me and played an incredible set. They had a ton of energy and enthusiasm. Lots of headbanging/thrashing/fist pumping moments. I didn't know any of the songs but I was headbanging, air drumming/guitaring to their shit I will admit. They were actually a ton of fun, I might actually check out some of their albums lol.

Carcass were great too lol. They played songs from pretty much every album and sounded sharp. I actually left early for their set because my feet were really tired and my knees were starting to hurt from standing for so long. And as much as love I Carcass I don't think I can sit through an hour and a half of their music. Which was how long their set was going to be. I stayed for most of it but I cut out probably a half hour early. I wish they would have lengthened Gorgut's set a little more and shortened Carcass's.

Anyways it was an amazing show, every band was great and put on an awesome performance. I'll remember it for a long time to come and I hope they do it again sometime soon in the future.

Time to revive this thread. I finally got to see Agalloch for the first time Monday night in Omaha. So glad I made the trip, they are just as good live as on record.

They were really good at MDF as well. Into the Painted Grey is just so awesome live.

Friend bought me tickets for Satan in Chicago in Oct. I am so fucking excited for that. Oh, and I get to see Slough Feg, High Spirits, and more tomorrow night.

Plus theres Midnight, Pentacle/Ares Kingdom, and others coming up as well. Fucking busy ass fall in Chicago for me.