THE coolest riff EVER

I consider 42147 more of an ass ravager

rust in peace is just plain cool

Oh, and one cannot forget CBF and Next in Lines riffs, or this sacrament.Or hows about DHIADW or....jeez, I could go on forever.

i couldnt name the best but....well the dive riff from 'fault of the flesh' is pretty fucking cool altough rather simple...pantera has ONE good riff, the one from cemetary gates with the harmonics...as far as joe goes i really like track 3 off 'surfing..' who knows theres so many great riffs hahaha.
-neal

too many to mention , some of my favs:
Black Sabbath -Iron Man (any objections??)
Black Sabbath-Supernaut
all Black Sabbath Vol 4. riffs
the riff when "Veil Of Disguise" from Sanctuary goes fast FUCKING KILLS!
all Watchtower riffs
"Die For My Sins" riff
the riffs in "Valley Of The Dolls" from Fates Warning
all Fates Warning's "No Exit" riffs ,and especially that ones in "THe Ivory Gate Of Dreams"
all Helstar riffs
i am tired of writting more ..

Pantera-13 steps to nowhere & slaughtered
Megadeth- Holy wars & good morning-black friday
Nevermore- Poisongodmachine & This Sacrament
At The Gates- Nausea & Cold
Slayer-Seasons in th Abyss
In Flames-Colony
Kyuss-green machine
Entombed-Wolverine Blues

ha ha. No one agree's with me that the riff from War is damn cool? Fair enough, you dumb sods :lol:

But yeah, when we get onto the subject of Megadeth, the "Jesus Christ Superstar" riff from the end of Wake up dead is amazing...

And the 5/8 bit with the solo in five magics... and the riff from Loved to Death, and Ashes in your mouth... goddamn i love megadeth :lol:

No-one blows satriani away.

On another note, there is a stupid small car they are selling here called a "Satria", the other night i got a black marker and put "NI" on the end of the name... :D

I just heard a vinnie moore tune called "defying gravity"

He's a great guitarist, but it's really not my style at all.

Originally posted by Trapped
ha ha. No one agree's with me that the riff from War is damn cool? Fair enough, you dumb sods :lol:

i agree that riff is great...although i had to go throw the cd in since i haven't listened to it in so long heh

defying gravity is alright... i like the tracks 'the maze' 'n.n.y.' and 'in the healing garden' a lot more though. the maze is my favorite album by him probably.
-neal