The coolest thing to happen to me at 7 am in a while. (Iron Maiden related!)

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
So, I'm cruising to work on a typical Monday morning, rainy, chilly, just blah, blah, blah. I'm listening to my favorite morning show "Wags and Elliot" on WLVQ fm 96.3, and when they cut to a commercial I hear some chords from "The Number of the Beast" Keep in mind this is the "classic AOR station in town." I mean I love it, they play Boston, Van Halen, Zeppelin, and all that jazz, but never Maiden, and now I'm hearing a Maiden commercial for the summer tour. After the two sec's of "# of the Beast" I hear "Iron Maiden are making their long awaited return to the concert stage, with the most spell minding show ever!!!" Then they played snippets of "2 Minutes to Midnight," "Run to the Hills," "The Trooper," and "The Wicker Man." And of course then the cool concert commercial voice guy mentions "very special guests Dio, and they play a snippet of "Holy Diver," and "The Last in Line," and they then mention Motorhead and play a snippet of "Ace of Spades." This commercial made my day.

Dude! I was listening to 96.3 yesterday at work. They were playing AC/DC's "TNT" and I said to someone, "you know, this station is pretty good, but they need some Judas Priest." It was right at the end of "TNT," and five seconds later "You've Got Another Thing Coming" comes on the radio. I was thinking "Holy shit, the Metal Gods do listen."
headbob.gif

(Note: That is certainly not one of my top Priest songs, but who the fuck cares? It made it on the radio.)

I've been listen to the radio alot myself. WMMS seems obsessed with Metallica right now. Right now they seem to be averaging one Met song an hour, usually after another ad for their Metallica contest.