kollex

Autistic Superstar
Oct 16, 2002
somewhere
www.maxpages.com
as in those really depressed people in the early 80.s
an extremelly good band who could create a atmosphere as sucidal as a noose

Robert Smiths skill as a guitar player is often overlooked
live tracks like a hundred years and a forest could turn into great solos and reverbrating riffs often minutes long

anyone else into them

One of my favorite bands! The epitome of depression and sadness. Forget all those pussy "gothic" metal bands, if you want sadness get some early The Cure.

Yes Russel, i think especially Bloodflowers has some very melancholic songs on it, for example the title track, what a great one though i can't listen to it any longer due to personal memories :cry:

Originally posted by falling bird
Yes Russel, i think especially Bloodflowers has some very melancholic songs on it, for example the title track, what a great one though i can't listen to it any longer due to personal memories :cry:

Yes it's a brilliant album :) One which I don't listen to a lot either for similar reasons! :)

The Cure is wonderful. "Desintegration" is probably my favorite album by them. I think goth rock and bands like The Cure had a big part on doom metal, such as My Dying Bride.

What's a good sad and depressing song to download by them?? I've never heard them, but it sounds like I'd like them.

The Cure!! Superband!

I saw them 9 november in Hamburg for the first time and I will never forget it. Fantastic!!!

They only played the songs that were not played at the Triology concerts in Brussel en Berlin! That Solo after "A Forest" is called "Forever" and that is a rare live song (is not on any studio album) that they have played only a couple of times!! (And they did it in Hamburg)