NWOBHM - The Forgotten Genre?

I love Pagan Altar right now... listening to "Volume 1" non-stop. Something tells me i should also try Witchfinder General.

I personally wouldn't even know where to start with a NWOBHM comp...there's just too much awesome stuff, I can think of 50 different bands I'd like to see on there.

I'm too tired and like you too much to continue this (also because what you say is right).

True. Seriously though, as if bands like Pagan Altar, Cloven Hoof, Iron Maiden, Warfare, Persian Risk, Witchfinder General, Raven, Hell, Quartz, etc. have a certain "sound" and can be lumped together besides a certain period in time.

NWOBHM is a moment in musical history, not a genre.

no, i meant moment, not monument. lol ;)

same difference really between, moment in history and a scene that appeared at a certain time. Both have to do with Metal History, not a specific sound.

Doomcifer said:
I see where you are coming from but no...not really.

Look...when you're listening to NWOBHM, you know it's NWOBHM. For the most part, the style all those bands played did have similarities in both delivery and style. I wouldn't call it a genre in a complete sense though.

NWOBHM is a genre. A genre by definition is a type of something or a category. Clearly NWOBHM comes from a certain time and has as sound. So stylistically it stands out from other forms of metal by these two traits. Comon, It's not a genre? The internet makes people retarded.

You've been saying the same retarded shit for 4 years. Come on man, you're old hat. Go away.