NWOBHM - The Forgotten Genre?

Life Sucks said:
I like Satan. Are they much heavier than the average NWOBHM band, or are they fairly representative of the genre?

Satan are arguably my favourite of the lot. If you like Satan you'll probably like Blitzkrieg's A Time of Changes though, they share members (notably the vocalist) and are strongly related.

If you think that Priest isn't NWOBHM then you're retarded. They practically spear headed the damn thing. Thier first album was in '74 and sad wings was out around '76 which is the same year that Iron Maiden was forming. Motorhead is another band that is easily NWOBHM and I think Thin Lizzy can be considered NWOBHM. It was the late 70's and all the deep purples and black sabbaths were becoming something closer resembling thrash and power/traditional metal. NWOBHM is alot broader than you think dude.

MetalHeadMarc said:
If you think that Priest isn't NWOBHM then you're retarded. They practically spear headed the damn thing. Thier first album was in '74 and sad wings was out around '76 which is the same year that Iron Maiden was forming. Motorhead is another band that is easily NWOBHM and I think Thin Lizzy can be considered NWOBHM. It was the late 70's and all the deep purples and black sabbaths were becoming something closer resembling thrash and power/traditional metal. NWOBHM is alot broader than you think dude.

Well, DUDE, I believe that Priest belongs in the same group as Black Sabbath because of their innovation. Motorhead played all sorts of ways, and Thin Lizzy was definitely first wave. Sorry.

NWOBHM began because of all four of the before mentioned, but they can't be considered part of it. When NWOBHM was at it's height, Priest was doing world tours and fucking bitches (and men.:lol: )

Venom easily is. But What I want to know from mister no it all, what distinguishes this first wave from the New wave? Is it a time and if so is it a certain year? Is what makes is NW also some thing in its style? I atleast presented a supported argument, you just said they were. I believe priest is easily NWOBHM and I think alot of people (including old ancient metal heads) would strongly agree.

LOL...and guys :lol:

The Timebird said:
If I get round to it I'll put up a compilation of quality NWOBHM tracks.

Amazon.co.uk - Neat records NWOBHM 2 cd rarities / singles collection, 99p sealed / new. (ftw etc)

Décadent said:
The other Pagan Altar releases are bootlegs of demos that were tape-traded throughout the 80's. There's about 5 full lengths all up in demo form, but only Volume 1 (Judgement of the Dead) was in good enough quality to be released. The others they're re-recording over time, like Lords of Hypocrisy, and the forthcoming Mythical and Magical.

I played Vol 1 for Sean the other day, first he started laughing at the lead singers voice, then he got very pissy and I had to turn it off halfway through the first song. So they're still re-issuing stuff eh? Cool.

MetalHeadMarc said:

:cry: / :lol:

Jean-Pierre said:
Too true. Although I love me some cheeseball 80's Priest. :kickass:

wats the song from, em, that one album, where he sings all fast... that one's cool. and then the song about fucking some black dudes in the gym or whatever is :headbang: too. and YOU GOTTA NOTHA THING COMIN BRUV :kickass: and u know that :kickass:

70s priest is >>> tho

off to bed now....