Genre-Bashing: A Quintessential Right Of The Metalhead

my genre-bashing tends to stem from my friends' opinions on certain genres. I have a friend who absolutely hates metalcore, ergo I acquire the same opinions.

Genre-bashing may also be due to one's deep grounding in certain genres and lack of knowledge of other genres. One who is deeply rooted in the black metal scene may be unfamiliar with power metal and therefore take on a negative opinion of that genre.

There's also the question of loyalty. A black metal fan looks up at those higher in the fandom hierarchy and feels that if his opinions stray from those of the elitists, then he will betray them.

All people are fucking morons. Like it or not, Metalheads are not a special breed of people.

Dodens Grav said:
All people are fucking morons. Like it or not, Metalheads are not a special breed of people.

GERchristanityD.JPG

I wish I could still find that crosstika picture... :(

It was a picture of a black cross, and then red bars would flash at...strategic locations...to make it into a swastika, and I quite liked it. I order someone to go find it.

Mumblefood said:
true, but metalheads ARE a special breed. There is no use in talking to any of them about music. unless you just want some band names to look up.
get out and go back to sot2 then maybe someone there will burn shitty 70 minute mixes of pretentious art fag stuff to cd-r and listen to it in the dark and suck your dick

i know i'll mix arvo pärt and kayo dot with crossfades this is high quality art to be sure

Erik said:
get out and go back to sot2 then maybe someone there will burn shitty 70 minute mixes of pretentious art fag stuff to cd-r and listen to it in the dark and suck your dick

i know i'll mix arvo pärt and kayo dot with crossfades this is high quality art to be sure

comin back from the dead to :hfive: this post

Erik said:

*210 minute

Thank you for putting me in my place you are good at pwning and making valid remarks.

Erik said:
yeah though they're all pretty good the most valid remark was "go back to sot2" fyi

o k thx

remember this tip: never look at music in a different way than you are used to because you can be sure it's all pretentious bullshit and not worth paying attention to. A heads up in case you ever get off track, but you're doing great so far.