Metalhead Vs Metalhead?

There are plenty of good bands that aren't heavy or metal. Paramore isn't one of them.

Why is it that everytime I go on a youtube video of a metal video/song and scroll down to the comments, it's just a parade of metalheads cussing and demeaning each other?

I mean it's ok if someone comes on and says "METAL SUCKS!" and all the metalheads gang up on him! That's what being a metalhead is all about, us against the world!

But when it's a guy going "FUCK NILE, FINNTROLL RULE! Take your shitty egyptian death metal and......." then we have a problem! The internet is creating sub-genre elitists! Now it's no more about being a metalhead, but being a Thrash Metal head, and thinking Black Metal heads have poor taste in music?

And it's only going to get worse from here, we will have sub-sub-metal-heads...as instead of a Death Metal head, you have a Slam Death Metal head, who hates Blackened Death metal heads etc etc...

If metalheads can't appreciate metal as being metal, then we have a problem..you may not like the actual music, but hell it's metal (well most of the subgenres anyway) and that's that!
I agree 100%.

I have more of a problem with people that call themselves metalheads yet only listen to like 2-5 metal bands than I do with real metalheads. There shouldn't be so much fighting between metalheads, we're all metalheads, why can't we just get along? If anyone, make fun of the posers and other people that deserve it. Focus more on the common bond, and less on what divides us.

I have found that on music forums people tend to bash taste in music that is not there's just for the heck of it. I think it's because one person starts it to feel superior and the rest follow to be accepted and then they, too, also feel superior just bashing someone's bands. Youtube comments is a ground for arguments over trivial subjects, name calling, swearing etc...There are certain genres of Metal I don't enjoy and I admit, I used to bash Black Metal too....but I realize that there is talent and depth in every form of metal, even the ones outside of the genres I listen to. Now, metal bands that have no talent? It is fine then to bash them but not to the point where that's all you do because then you just don't have a life :p

It's easier just not to care if you're like Malign Paradigm, for instance. I have rarely seen him go into petty squabbles over stuff. "I fucking love my metal of Death and wear leather boots in pride to stomp on posers" is I think, the obscure reasoning behind most of his posts.

Sometimes I wonder what's the point of rationalizing why you like certain stuff--whether it's bands that utilize the drummer's approach to music(myself, for one) devastatingly depressing stuff, minimalistically hypnotic stuff, something that's insanely heavy, and twisted beyond recognition,heavily riff-oriented air-guitar frenzy material, or just music with an immense nostalgic factor. Who cares, right? On the other hand, it's interesting to read why people like the albums that they do, not just for the fact that they're considered classics.

Obviously, metalheads are people just like any other and certainly aren't as like-minded as some choose to believe. I've actually noticed a lot more bickering and childish behaviour within the metal scene than I have of any other kind of music I'm a fan of. In particular within black metal, and often generally by fans of extreme metal in response to genres like metalcore, deathcore, "nu-metal" etc. I guess unlike most people, I don't pay attention to music I don't like.

There are plenty of good bands that aren't heavy or metal. Paramore isn't one of them.

Pretty much. I can't stand it when people such as Mort make generalizations about metal fans. A good majority of the folks I know into metal, myself included also enjoy a fairly good amount of non-metal music.

Also, who the hell actually reads the comments posted on YouTube? That's just silly.

Pretty much. I can't stand it when people such as Mort make generalizations about metal fans. A good majority of the folks I know into metal, myself included also enjoy a fairly good amount of non-metal music.

Also, who the hell actually reads the comments posted on YouTube? That's just silly.

I troll youtube sometimes, tbh. It's fun reading fanbois/fangirls get butthurt over shit.