Metalhead Vs Metalhead?

Why is it that everytime I go on a youtube video of a metal video/song and scroll down to the comments, it's just a parade of metalheads cussing and demeaning each other?

I mean it's ok if someone comes on and says "METAL SUCKS!" and all the metalheads gang up on him! That's what being a metalhead is all about, us against the world!

But when it's a guy going "FUCK NILE, FINNTROLL RULE! Take your shitty egyptian death metal and......." then we have a problem! The internet is creating sub-genre elitists! Now it's no more about being a metalhead, but being a Thrash Metal head, and thinking Black Metal heads have poor taste in music?

And it's only going to get worse from here, we will have sub-sub-metal-heads...as instead of a Death Metal head, you have a Slam Death Metal head, who hates Blackened Death metal heads etc etc...

If metalheads can't appreciate metal as being metal, then we have a problem..you may not like the actual music, but hell it's metal (well most of the subgenres anyway) and that's that!

The good news is, those people are usually a small minority. The trouble is though, that minority fucks it up for everyone else.

Do you realize that the majority of these dimwits are 11,12,13 year old zit faced kids.
Exactly. Not to mention that the internet often brings out the most infantile in many of us, regardless of subculture or age. Message boards, and the like are in many cases places where people gather just to relax after a hard day's work, so they'll say the first thing that comes to mind,especially on superficial topics such as "which band rules harder"; they'll vent and ramble about random stuff to relieve stress, not minding the consequences. And seriously what consequences could there be on the net-- typing in caps is always safer than screaming your lungs out in real life.

Exactly. Not to mention that the internet often brings out the most infantile in many of us, regardless of subculture or age. Message boards, and the like are in many cases places where people gather just to relax after a hard day's work, so they'll say the first thing that comes to mind,especially on superficial topics such as "which band rules harder"; they'll vent and ramble about random stuff to relieve stress, not minding the consequences. And seriously what consequences could there be on the net-- typing in caps is always safer than screaming your lungs out in real life.
This.

Såsom i en Spegel;7962744 said:
same w/ the new beyonce
Don't talk shit about Beyonce. She wants to be a boy or something.

But those mosh pits are br00tal.

Såsom i en Spegel;7962742 said:
that album blows other than like 3 songs

to be honest that is the only song I've heard from it

np: 02. she - [chiptek #02] music

I've been more stuck on this than anything.

I had this problem of Metalhead Vs. Metalhead but I think it was over the fashion rather than the music. This girl disliked Motorhead (too old), so decided I was crap because I like them. And presumably because I dont wear a black corset and ten ton of eyeliner all the time.

np: 104. Paramore - [Riot! #08] crushcrushcrush

Seriously, I wish metalheads would be less like "anything not heavy is ghey" because I swear stuff like this is so fun to listen to