What Is Your Favorite Metal Sub-Genre?

What is your favorite sub-genre of metal?

• Power Metal etc.

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Death Metal etc,

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Black Metal etc.

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Traditional/Old School Metal etc.

• Folk Metal etc.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Industrial Metal etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nu-Metal etc.

• Metalcore etc,

• Grindcore etc.

• Deathcore etc.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Doom Metal etc.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Stoner Metal etc.

• Progressive Metal etc.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Thrash Metal etc.

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Other (Please Specify In Topic)

• Total voters
The death-metal and black metal dominance that is prevalent in this poll also accounts in some ways for a lot of the high-horsed elitism that exists at times in this forum.

For example, the threads where you post an album or song that's kicking your ass: most people post extreme stuff such as Death Metal or Black Metal (which is fine), but then when you post something by a more Symphonic-based Metal band like the old Nightwish, and you'll get some silly little narrow-minded kid posting a laughing smilie after it as to say "You lame ass you don't qualify for our ultra-super-extra-mega extreme metal secret society" (just scroll back a page or two on those topics to see what I mean).

If such posers want to go around with their noses catching frostbite and a carrot lodged in their rectum like this, why not just label the topic "Extreme Metal that is kicking your ass" to ensure that the supposedly "lesser" forms of metal don't intrude upon your secret little growl/shriek society. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess when it comes to metal music some people just prefere more traditional natural sounding music.

The death-metal and black metal dominance that is prevalent in this poll also accounts in some ways for a lot of the high-horsed elitism that exists at times in this forum.

For example, the threads where you post an album or song that's kicking your ass: most people post extreme stuff such as Death Metal or Black Metal (which is fine), but then when you post something by a more Symphonic-based Metal band like the old Nightwish, and you'll get some silly little narrow-minded kid posting a laughing smilie after it as to say "You lame ass you don't qualify for our ultra-super-extra-mega extreme metal secret society" (just scroll back a page or two on those topics to see what I mean).

If such posers want to go around with their noses catching frostbite and a carrot lodged in their rectum like this, why not just label the topic "Extreme Metal that is kicking your ass" to ensure that the supposedly "lesser" forms of metal don't intrude upon your secret little growl/shriek society. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ive never been on any type of forum that doesnt have people like that, its a shame.

I've posted loads of trad/power metal albums in that thread, not noticed any negativity. People just give their honest opinions, sure there is certain stuff that gets a good/bad rep generally around the forum but so what? Really not worth getting stressed over, lol.

Yeah, or maybe people just don't like Nightwish.

There's ridiculous ammounts of bands/albums to listen too and the person gets all upset because some people don't like a band. It's really retarded especially being the person seems to like 3 bands.

Yeah, or maybe people just don't like Nightwish.

This. Plenty of the guys here like traditional/power/doom metal.

There just isnt a big fan base of nu metal and/or symphonic/ochestral flower metal.

I'd imagine we're a tough crowd when those are all you like. :lol:

It's no surprise that death metal is winning, followed by black metal and then thrash. I think on just about any metal forum you'll see similar results. Keep in mind the considerable influence death metal and black metal have had over the last couple decades.

Most of my favorite bands are NOT extreme metal. NN is just a retarded troll who probably isn't going to last much longer here.

Its no surprise that black and death metal are popular here... those are in fact very significant sub-genres in the metal world.
Honestly though... people aren't ripping on you for not-liking black or death metal or for liking metal bands that are not extreme. They're ripping on you for like crap-tastic bands like SOAD. There's PLENTY of great bands that don't fit into the EXTREME metal subgenres that are worth listening to: Manilla Road, Dio, Black Sabbath, et al.

There are many people on the board who like SOAD (such as myself) who don't get ripped on like NN does. The simple reason NN gets ripped on is because he's an obnoxious whiny cunt. He moans about all the people with carrots up their arses on the board, but those carrots pale into insignificance when compared to the gargantuan chip on his shoulder.

There are many people on the board who like SOAD (such as myself) who don't get ripped on like NN does. The simple reason NN gets ripped on is because he's an obnoxious whiny cunt. He moans about all the people with carrots up their arses on the board, but those carrots pale into insignificance when compared to the gargantuan chip on his shoulder.

That's true... but praising Nu-Metal certainly doesn't help him! :tickled:

He moans about all the people with carrots up their arses on the board, but those carrots pale into insignificance when compared to the gargantuan chip on his shoulder.

IDBFpringle.jpg

2007-baby-carrot.jpg

I'd still pick the chip tbh.