Votes: 16 38.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IWP

80s freak
Apr 30, 2006
Philly
Between Thrash, Power, Death, and Black Metal, which genre(s) is your favorite?

I'm more of a Thrash and Power Metal person. Mainly, because both genres have generally fast-paced tempos as well as good solos that make the songs that much better. I never really got into Black Metal, because a lot of it sounds pretty boring, IMO, and though I do listen to Death Metal and enjoy it, I just don't like it as much as Thrash or Power. Some Death Metal tends to get a little boring as well.

Oh yeah, you can vote for more than one.

Dammit! I hate how you can't delete your threads. I messed up a bit on the poll. MetalAges can you correct the spelling on my poll, and allow multiple choice? If not, just delete my thread so I can make a new one. Thanks.

Vote for death metal since doom metal isn't on there. I feel doom metal is quite possibly the most underrated genre in metal. It's sad cause bands like Novembre, Daylight Dies, and November's Doom can never get recognization when they are really amazing bands. In fact Novembre is my 5th favorite band.

Blue_Jay said:
IWP is there a way to where you can edit your poll to have doom metal on there?

I can't edit my poll now. Only the mods can. The four genres that I mentioned seem to be the most popular here so I decided to find out which is the most popular.

Based on what metal I have heard, I'm fairly sure I generally prefer power. The vocal style is one of the main reason (I think...) but I doubt I would like it if the rest of the composition was bad.

We'll since i sing Death Metal i guess my view is alittle different..i enjoy singing and grunting my ass out when i sing out there.

The good old 80s Metllica Thrash was of the chart too though.

Krigloch-Official UM D&D Nerd said:
I've been listening to a shitload of black metal lately.
I take back everything I ever said about BM these last couple years.
Excellent! Welcome to the dark side! MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!! :lol:

Can't do it. There is no ONE that is best to me. If anything I suppose it would be equal parts Black/Death/Thrash. (particularly since some of my favorite bands cross genres ala Blackened-Death, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.