Which Metal Sub-Genre Are You?

Carpe Mortem

Benevolently Batshit
Aug 21, 2013
Fun little bullshit quiz.

Which Metal sub-genre are you?

My Results:

Black Grim, sombre, often minimalistic. Always dealing with occult themes.

ANOTHER, BETTER fun little bullshit quiz:
http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/metal/darkdecimation/metal-subgenre-you-like-most-80-question-quiz/#

You Scored as Doom Metal and Related
Hmm... you seem to really like doom metal and/or related stuff!

Doom Metal and Related
85%
Traditional Metal/NWOBHM
65%
Black Metal
63%
Other/Stuff Not In One Genre Only
60%
Power Metal
55%
Thrash/Speed Metal
55%
Death Metal/Grindcore
50%
Symphonic Metal
38%

Which Metal sub-genre are you?

Death

Murderous, fast, and violent. Often occult and sometimes gore-obssessed.

for the other quiz i got

You Scored as Black Metal
Hmm... you seem to really like black metal!

Black Metal
75%
Traditional Metal/NWOBHM
68%
Doom Metal and Related
65%
Death Metal/Grindcore
63%
Thrash/Speed Metal
58%
Power Metal
40%
35%
Symphonic Metal
20%

Black. The questions weren't very good though. Ever take one of those "are you a sociopath?" tests? Those are fun too. I remember one that asked you "if you saw a neighbor naked through the window what would you do or something?" lol.

Yeah I'm kinda stoner doom incarnate in personality and music preference but scored black on that first one. You should take the second quiz, I'm curious about everyone's percentages. Subgenre of choice could definitely say a lot about a person.

Edit: I am not ashamed of how many 'What color dragon are you' quizzes I have taken over the years.

Black Metal
60%
Death Metal/Grindcore
35%
Doom Metal and Related
23%
Traditional Metal/NWOBHM
20%
18%
Symphonic Metal
18%
Thrash/Speed Metal
15%
Power Metal
15%

"Death

Murderous, fast, and violent. Often occult and sometimes gore-obssessed."

It gave me death metal--I don't like it.

None of these things ever have an option for melodic death, that's what I listen to. I guess this was as close as it would get, but I don't like much straight-up death metal (cannibal corpse, death, etc.) because it lacks good composition and melody.

It gave me death metal--I don't like it.

None of these things ever have an option for melodic death, that's what I listen to. I guess this was as close as it would get, but I don't like much straight-up death metal (cannibal corpse, death, etc.) because it lacks good composition and melody.

Right, lack of good composition and melody

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like much straight-up death metal (cannibal corpse, death, etc.) because it lacks good composition and melody.

I see you've elected to post on ultimatemetal after only listening to music for a week.

I too like to live dangerously.

I see you've elected to post on ultimatemetal after only listening to music for a week.

I too like to live dangerously.

You know bro, this was something I intended to say but I meant to be funnier and less obnoxious. Good job nonetheless.

I tend not to get along well with people whose number one genre of choice is thrash. There's exceptions - HB is cool - but they tend to be childish dicks who have to share their thoughts on everybody and everything for validation. Must come with the territory of being a hyper metal head... they're hyper about fuckin everything.