Metal genre quiz

Glam metal! Some think that you are trapped in the 80's, or that you arent 'true' enough, screw them. Shout at the Devil!
Glam Metal
95%
Old School Heavy Metal
90%
Power/Prog Metal
80%
Thrash Metaller
65%
Stoner
60%
Death Metal
50%
Black Metaller
15%
Metal Troll
5%
Grindcore
5%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
0%

Ha, glam rules!

A real 'metal genre' quiz
You scored as a Power/Prog Metal
You are a power/prog metaller! You like fantasy themed lyrics and huge, epic keyboard/guitar solos. Metal, pure and true!
Power/Prog Metal
100%
Old School Heavy Metal
75%
Death Metal
60%
Black Metaller
50%
Glam Metal
45%
Thrash Metaller
30%
Stoner
30%
Metal Troll
20%
Grindcore
20%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
10%
I'd switch Glam and Thrash, but other than that looks about right.

But I will be lying, that's why I'm considering the test skewed. I hope they have more questions regarding: Testament, Heathen, Atrophy, Xentrix, Toxik, Zoetrope, Death Angel, Dark Angel, etc. Slayer is not my cup of tea :D

wow surprised you dont like Slayer but like Dark Angel, have you tried Show No Mercy by Slayer?? And have you listened to Realm? If you haven't they are the best clean-vocalled thrash band imho :D

wow surprised you dont like Slayer but like Dark Angel, have you tried Show No Mercy by Slayer?? And have you listened to Realm? If you haven't they are the best clean-vocalled thrash band imho :D

Wow, let's gt by numbers in here:

1) I don't really like Dark Angel, I kept DD as a reminder of not being trigger happy with purchases they are at my extreme end of the thrash spectra. It's definitively thrash but too raw for me.

2) I don't like a thrash band without good solos and King/Hanneman do not deliever for me. I had at a time (long story) "Show No Mercy", "Hunting The Chapel", "Hell Awaits" and "Reign In Blood" and I simply couldn't get into them...still can't :D But I like 'Seasons In The Abyss' and 'War Ensamble'

3) I tried Realm samples when the Metal Mind reissues came out but they didn't get me either mostly because of the vocals I found them harsh, you find them clean?

Because clean for me is Megadeth, Heathen, Zeotrope, Xentrix, etc.

As an extra piece of info I'm not into German thrash (the vocals again), I have only three Kreator albums (and two which I adore are the ones most hated by fans "Outcast" and "Endorama") and only have the first three Sodom because they sound a bit like Venom in the beginning. Except for the almighty Coroner I like my thrash with clean vocals as much as possible, another exception is Abandoned but the vocals are not that harsh.

In a nutshell I'm complicated when comes to thrash but I do love the subgenre, and I'm always willing to find new bands or to discover old bands that went under my radar in due time.

:headbang:

I'm insulted that "troll" and "metal" are used together! Don't you agree TSO? WTF!

A real 'metal genre' quiz
You scored as a Glam Metal
Glam metal! Some think that you are trapped in the 80's, or that you arent 'true' enough, screw them. Shout at the Devil!
Glam Metal
95%
Old School Heavy Metal
90%
Power/Prog Metal
55%
Thrash Metaller
40%
Metal Troll
35%
Stoner
30%
Black Metaller
30%
Grindcore
25%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
10%
Death Metal
0%

@Wyvern;

you must be mistaken or the website was, Realm does not have 1 harsh vocal at all, only maybe Heathen has a better all around vocalist that can actually sing

@Wyvern;

you must be mistaken or the website was, Realm does not have 1 harsh vocal at all, only maybe Heathen has a better all around vocalist that can actually sing

I would have to recheck them then, thanks for the feedback.

You scored as a Death Metal
You are a death metaller! You like growled vocals and blisteringly fast drums. Death to the false metal!
Death Metal
100%
Thrash Metaller
70%
Black Metaller
55%
Grindcore
45%
Metal Troll
30%
Power/Prog Metal
25%
Stoner
20%
Old School Heavy Metal
20%
Glam Metal
15%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
0%

You are into Thrash and Speed metal! Your metal is best served fast with blistering guitar solos. Moshing is compulsory! <--- hahaha! Yeah right! :)

Thrash Metaller
75%
Old School Heavy Metal
60%
Stoner
50%
Metal Troll
45%
Death Metal
45%
Grindcore
40%
Glam Metal
35%
Black Metaller
10%
Power/Prog Metal
10%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
0%

:lol: I knew I was doomed as I went down the list and most answers were NAW. I failed old school because Maiden, Priest nor Sabbath are "my favorite" bands. Im a stoner because me and my friends smoke... but we are metalheads and rockers, grindcore I actually dont know exactly what it is but must have come because I went to the middle on growls scare me, well I wasnt going to say no, nor yes. I listen to absolutely NO death, thrash or black unless you count Megadeth and I bet they were talking about Maidens Eddie ? I was talking about "Eddie" so while I dont believe "glam" exists in the extreme everyone got thrown in I still like old commercial metal but Niki Six is NOT god. Progressive is my main choice but I usually cant stand power

I'm into old school to REAL old school hard rock, progressive or commercial, any decade

Old School Heavy Metal
60%
Power/Prog Metal
50%
Stoner
30%
Grindcore
30%
Death Metal
10%
Glam Metal
10%
Thrash Metaller
10%
Metal Troll
0%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
0%
Black Metaller
0%

:lol: I knew I was doomed as I went down the list and most answers were NAW. I failed old school because Maiden, Priest nor Sabbath are "my favorite" bands. Im a stoner because me and my friends smoke... but we are metalheads and rockers, grindcore I actually dont know exactly what it is but must have come because I went to the middle on growls scare me, well I wasnt going to say no, nor yes. I listen to absolutely NO death, thrash or black unless you count Megadeth and I bet they were talking about Maidens Eddie ? I was talking about "Eddie" so while I dont believe "glam" exists in the extreme everyone got thrown in I still like old commercial metal but Niki Six is NOT god. Progressive is my main choice but I usually cant stand power

I'm into old school to REAL old school hard rock, progressive or commercial, any decade
Do you have an aversion to violent lyrics? If so, you're basically the opposite of Life Sucks.

ironically who I am is opposite to what I enjoy in music scluding the violent part... I find no inspiration in that either way

Sweet, I'm 100% Thrash metal!

You scored as a Thrash Metaller
You are into Thrash and Speed metal! Your metal is best served fast with blistering guitar solos. Moshing is compulsory!

Thrash Metaller
100%
Death Metal
80%
Old School Heavy Metal
80%
Grindcore
80%
Black Metaller
55%
Metal Troll
40%
Glam Metal
25%
Stoner
15%
Power/Prog Metal
10%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
10%

You scored as a Black Metaller
You are a black metaller. Chances are your favourite bands wear corpsepaint and come from Scandinavia. Stay grim!
Black Metaller 90%
Power/Prog Metal 80%
Old School Heavy Metal 80%
Death Metal 80%
Thrash Metaller 70%
Glam Metal 50%
Grindcore 50%
Metal Troll 35%
Stoner 35%
Nu Metal/Metalcore 25%

Hmm... seems about right. =/

I love taking internet quizzes to choose my musical preferences for me.

Power/Prog Metal
65%
Death Metal
55%
Old School Heavy Metal
55%
Grindcore
50%
Thrash Metaller
40%
Metal Troll
40%
Stoner
35%
Glam Metal
25%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
20%
Black Metaller
15%

You scored as a Black Metaller
You are a black metaller. Chances are your favourite bands wear corpsepaint and come from Scandinavia. Stay grim!
Black Metaller
85%
Death Metal
75%
Metal Troll
55%
Power/Prog Metal
50%
Stoner
35%
Old School Heavy Metal
35%
Grindcore
35%
Thrash Metaller
25%
Glam Metal
15%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
15%

Almost accurate. Prog should be on top, separate from power, followed by black. Dunno about the stoner part.