Metal genre quiz

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
You are into Classic heavy metal. For you, Death and Black metal is nothing compared to bands like Venom, Motorhead and Iron Maiden. You are cool!
Old School Heavy Metal
100%
Power/Prog Metal
90%
Stoner
70%
Glam Metal
50%
Metal Troll
50%
Death Metal
50%
Thrash Metaller
25%
Black Metaller
20%
Grindcore
20%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
0%

Kind of interesting since I'm much more into Thrash than Death (which I'm not at all), and I'm not into Stoner but Doom, nor Glam or Troll (whatever that is) .

Take this quiz at http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=163858

Old School Heavy Metal
You are into Classic heavy metal. For you, Death and Black metal is nothing compared to bands like Venom, Motorhead and Iron Maiden. You are cool!
Old School Heavy Metal
80%
Glam Metal
70%
Thrash Metaller
35%
Power/Prog Metal
30%
Stoner
25%
Metal Troll
15%
Death Metal
15%
Black Metaller
5%
Grindcore
5%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
0%

Whoever wrote this quiz really must love Death / Black Metal. And they also can't spell "Judas Preist".

well I gues it`s some what I like. But I don`t listen stoner/Grind/Nu metal at all. And wtf is Metal troll
Old School Heavy Metal
90%
Thrash Metaller
70%
Death Metal
60%
Glam Metal
60%
Power/Prog Metal
45%
Stoner
40%
Black Metaller
40%
Grindcore
35%
Metal Troll
15%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
5%

How do you guys raised your thrash value, I couldn't rise it and I like a lot of thrash.

But like all quizzes it is skewed by the way the questions are made. At least I scored 100% in Old School, I know I'm sane :lol:

Power/Prog Metal
60%
Old School Heavy Metal
50%
Death Metal
35%
Stoner
35%
Grindcore
30%
Black Metaller
25%
Thrash Metaller
25%
Glam Metal
25%
Metal Troll
10%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
0%

:lol: i have like 50+ thrash bands and fucking hate grindcore, and I dont evne listen to euro PM anymore

You scored as a Power/Prog Metal
You are a power/prog metaller! You like fantasy themed lyrics and huge, epic keyboard/guitar solos. Metal, pure and true!
Power/Prog Metal
90%
Old School Heavy Metal
85%
Thrash Metaller
70%
Death Metal
65%
Stoner
30%
Black Metaller
25%
Glam Metal
20%
Grindcore
15%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
15%
Metal Troll
0%

actually this is right on. except stoner should be below black...even though im not big on either.
what is metal troll? ahah

You scored as a Power/Prog Metal
You are a power/prog metaller! You like fantasy themed lyrics and huge, epic keyboard/guitar solos. Metal, pure and true!
Power/Prog Metal
70%
Glam Metal
45%
Thrash Metaller
45%
Stoner
30%
Old School Heavy Metal
30%
Black Metaller
25%
Metal Troll
25%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
20%
Death Metal
10%
Grindcore
0%

Some weeks ago I did a metal test in German and it said:
You are Black metal! You are a psycho and eat babys!:lol:

I think the Death metal rating may have skewed upwards a bit by the "chuck is god" question. Not sure how power/prog ranked so low... WTF is "metal troll?"

Old School Heavy Metal
70%
Death Metal
55%
Stoner
55%
Power/Prog Metal
55%
Glam Metal
50%
Metal Troll
45%
Grindcore
30%
Thrash Metaller
25%
Black Metaller
25%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
20%

i just moved on i guess, that, melodeath and now the viking/folk genres I just dont really click with me anymore. I only keep a few gems outta each that probably always will click but overall it's just bleh.

OK fair answer, thanks for it. Happened with me too with some bands, so I understand the feeling. :cool:

You scored as Death Metal

You are a death metaller! You like growled vocals and blisteringly fast drums. Death to the false metal!

Death Metal 85%
Old School Heavy Metal 75%
Thrash Metaller 70%
Power/Prog Metal 65%
Metal Troll 50%
Stoner 50%
Grindcore 35%
Glam Metal 35%
Black Metaller 25%
NuMetal/Metalcore 5%

I'm not that big of a Stoner fan and I really dislike Grindcore. NuMetal would be up around 25% if I had my choice (what can I say, I grew up listening to Korn and their older works still have a spot in my heart)

You scored as a Old School Heavy Metal
Old School Heavy Metal
100%
Thrash Metaller
70%
Black Metaller
65%
Glam Metal
65%
Power/Prog Metal
55%
Stoner
50%
Grindcore
40%
Death Metal
30%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
25%
Metal Troll
15%

Old School Heavy Metal
100%
Power/Prog Metal
85%
Thrash Metaller
80%
Glam Metal
55%
Stoner
45%
Black Metaller
30%
Grindcore
25%
Metal Troll
20%
Death Metal
20%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
10%

Well it's a different kind of quiz thats for sure

A real 'metal genre' quiz
You scored as a Old School Heavy Metal
Old School Heavy Metal
100%
Thrash Metaller
90%
Power/Prog Metal
60%
Grindcore
45%
Death Metal
40%
Stoner
40%
Glam Metal
35%
Metal Troll
30%
Black Metaller
20%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
15%

I still wonder how to improve my Thrash points, it´s ludicrous that is below glam, troll and death all which I don't like.

I assume "metal troll" wouldn't apply to many of this forum who in my experience are usually quite accepting.

Metal trolls I think are the people who go to forums and say "That band you like shit" when you mention them.

You scored as a Thrash Metaller
You are into Thrash and Speed metal! Your metal is best served fast with blistering guitar solos. Moshing is compulsory!
Grindcore
65%
Thrash Metaller
65%
Death Metal
65%
Old School Heavy Metal
55%
Black Metaller
40%
Power/Prog Metal
35%
Stoner
35%
Glam Metal
20%
Metal Troll
5%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
0%

Pretty weird, seeing as I hate grindcore, and never listen to Stoner.

You are into Thrash and Speed metal! Your metal is best served fast with blistering guitar solos. Moshing is compulsory!
Thrash Metaller
90%
Death Metal
85%
Stoner
70%
Old School Heavy Metal
65%
Glam Metal
60%
Grindcore
55%
Power/Prog Metal
55%
Black Metaller
50%
Metal Troll
45%
Nu Metal/Metalcore
10%

Mmm... Not exactly but considering thrash metal is one of my 3 favourite metal subgeners (epic/doom and hard rock, the other 2) it´s OK for me.

My points in old school heavy metal were down since I rated "Lemmy is god" with the lowest points :puke:

PS: Wyvern poser!! You aren´t a thrash metaller :lol:

Maybe those could be helpfull
-The intro scream in Angel Of Death is one of musics greatest moments
-You survived moshing to an entire Slayer gig

But I will be lying, that's why I'm considering the test skewed. I hope they have more questions regarding: Testament, Heathen, Atrophy, Xentrix, Toxik, Zoetrope, Death Angel, Dark Angel, etc. Slayer is not my cup of tea :D

My points in old school heavy metal were down since I rated "Lemmy is god" with the lowest points

PS: Wyvern poser!! You aren´t a thrash metaller

And you´re a poser for not liking Lemmy, estamos a mano coño! :p