What's your favorite sub-genre(s) of metal?

What's your favorite sub-genre of metal?

• Total voters
are u actually that into hair metal? uggh ahha jk man, id have to agree with u saying that trivium is good metal-core band. if theres any good metalcore bands its between the buried and me. death and black rule, then prgressive.I do wish ppl were doing more original things in all genres, like alot of stuff sounds the same, and it gets quite old. w.e i cant rag on them ,cause its not like im the one making the music, they do that.

I chose black, death, doom, grind and thrash myself. Although I think the poll is flawed, as it explicitly lumps one of my least favourite genres (melodic death) in with one of my favourites (death). ;) I wonder how the results would shift if they were separated?

Also, on another note, grindcore is nothing but noise.

Grindcore is not easy to digest for even many metal fans, just like Emperor is impossible to digest for nearly all pop music fans. By saying it is just noise without giving it a decent amount of time to soak in (which you cannot have done and still retain an uneducated opinion on the matter) you are being no different than the very people who say metal is noise and classical is boring, yet cannot seem to get enough simplistic radio music.

No offense intended, you just don't understand grindcore. Change that; it is an amazing form of metal.

Hard to pick just one, I hop around a lot from day to day. I get in moods where I listen to a lot of Viking Metal or any kind of Nordic influenced music, I've been addicted to Ensiferum latley. Then I might jump back to some old school stuff like Maiden and Priest, then to some At The Gates or Vital Remains or Blind Guardian...

That's what I love about Metal, you never have to stray away from it, there's so many Sub genre's for whatever mood your in...

I listen to a lot of Yngwie too... Love his Concerto Suite for the Electric Guitar album...anyone who hasn't listened to it has to check it out if they are an Yngwie fan.