The Daily Camera/ Mirror picture

There is nothing awesome about hipster glasses.

Oh look at me I'm wearing the ugliest conceivable glasses that don't actually have lenses or correct my vision. Can you imagine anything more IRONIC?

you know what's more ironic though, being a teenager and pretending that it is 1986 and grunge never happened because metalblade said that it is so, and paying 200 dollars on ebay for a Razor shirt to wear at the next gig of local bands in which every guy is wearing white reeboks, a bullet belt, maybe a Cirth Ungol shirt, and has feathered bangs on some farrah fawcett's gay brother with a dirtstache steeze, and then drinking PBR in someone's exodus poster-clad (also bought from ebay from a fat 45-year old bagel shop owner at top dollar) garage, listening to twisted tower dire vinyls with the mom of one of your friend's who tells you all stories of glory days when you could wear leather jackets in the summer without being viewed as mentally handicapped and the one time she sucked off the bassist of Manilla Road.

My glasses are cool, I have a dioptre and prescription in my lenses and a protective layer for computer work (because I stare at the screen at work 14 hours a day), and these were the cheapest frames I found that fit my bulbous jaundice baby head.

you know what's more ironic though, being a teenager and pretending that it is 1986 and grunge never happened because metalblade said that it is so, and paying 200 dollars on ebay for a Razor shirt to wear at the next gig of local bands in which every guy is wearing white reeboks, a bullet belt, maybe a Cirth Ungol shirt, and has feathered bangs on some farrah fawcett's gay brother with a dirtstache steeze, and then drinking PBR in someone's exodus poster-clad (also bought from ebay from a fat 45-year old bagel shop owner at top dollar) garage, listening to twisted tower dire vinyls with the mom of one of your friend's who tells you all stories of glory days when you could wear leather jackets in the summer without being viewed as mentally handicapped and the one time she sucked off the bassist of Manilla Road.

My glasses are cool, I have a dioptre and prescription in my lenses and a protective layer for computer work (because I stare at the screen at work 14 hours a day), and these were the cheapest frames I found that fit my bulbous jaundice baby head.

haha I don't know if there's a comeback for that

Last edited by a moderator:
lolol since when do I pretend it's 1986? Yeah I like music from the 80s, among other things, and no I usually don't acknowledge the existence of grunge because it's terrible music. Paying more than like $40 for a "vintage" shirt is retarded, and that's why I buy the Mexican knockoffs, especially since I have so goddamn many band shirts for sewing. I don't see anything ironic about representing the bands I love in my own special way. Those glasses drive me fucking nuts because everyone tries to look so quirky and unique by wearing something that's obviously outdated, when really they just look like every other hipster with girl pants and ironic facial hair.

Welp, in Azal's defense, I do not recall having seen any hipsters wearing Jeffrey Dahmer/Derick-circa-1992 computer nerd glasses. Perhaps the trend hasn't hit our area yet. Around here the squarish black plastic rim frames are still the way to go.

No way, I see those things everywhere. This is the first image that came up when I searched "hipster glasses":

images

AND they're from American Apparel, the biggest cesspool of hipsterism on earth.

Do hipsters know how much people loathe them? Do they know some actively undermine their beliefs when possible?

No way, I see those things everywhere. This is the first image that came up when I searched "hipster glasses":

images

AND they're from American Apparel, the biggest cesspool of hipsterism on earth.

Well, like I said, maybe it hasn't hit our area yet. But he did say they were prescription, so there goes 50% of your problem with them, aye?

My orange and blue handprinted squid t-shirt, which I'm wearing right now, is American Apparel :oops:

Well, like I said, maybe it hasn't hit our area yet. But he did say they were prescription, so there goes 50% of your problem with them, aye?

Aye, but seeing those glasses just gives me a kneejerk UGHHIPSTER reaction.

My orange and blue handprinted squid t-shirt, which I'm wearing right now, is American Apparel :oops:

I have an octopus bracelet from modcloth.com, but we're not hipsters so we can get away with it. :)

Do hipsters know how much people loathe them? Do they know some actively undermine their beliefs when possible?
Well the whole thing with hipsters is that they are intentionally ironic, so there's really nothing that can be done to undermine their beliefs because they can always just play that card when it suits them best.

As for hipsters, they're everywhere in Seattle and they all seem to be obsessed with narwhals and unicorns. There's a car that parks on the street near my dojo all the time with handpainted narwhals all over it. It's pretty ugly.